Miss your old flip phone?

March 3rd, 2018 at 3:37:17 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Buttons have pretty much been replaced by slab phones today, however...

https://www.kaiostech.com/
Kaiosech is trying to revive the flip phone market by adding some of the features of android phones. The operating system is a revival of one that drives Mozilla Firefox
March 3rd, 2018 at 3:43:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Saw a 1996 movie and this was the
phone. The size of a walkie talkie.
2 years before I had my first one.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 3rd, 2018 at 4:09:13 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Buttons have pretty much been replaced by slab phones today, however...

The screen is too small, and the keypad adds little to the use of a phone.

A flip phone handset connected with bluetooth to your phone might work, but the market would be limited. Few people would want to carry and recharge two separate devices.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 4th, 2018 at 1:36:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Flip phone is all I got.
Everyone else has these flat panel three inch by perhaps six inch phones with screens/cameras/voice-commands all built in.

I had occasion to be driving around looking for a street address on a major road and finally popped into a FedEx type place to ask directions and someone pulled out her phone and brought up a detailed street map in less than fifteen seconds. I realized then that I should enter this century electronically but I did not do so.

I still don't have any idea how to get my "blue tooth enable portable blood pressure cuff" to send data to be listed and printed and analyzed automatically. So I'm stuck with scribbling it. And worse, I'm stuck with doing the Pulse Pressure calculations on my own and you all know what my math skills are like. I got a column of illegible scrawls with probably one third of the pulse pressures being errors in subtraction.