Electrolysis

Page 1 of 3123>
March 11th, 2013 at 9:02:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
It's really going great. last session invovled clearing the entire left side of cheeks and neck, plus the central part of the neck and the whole chin. it took only 40 minutes. Best thing, though, is that there's so little and feeble re-growth that I now only go every two weeks :)

The areas around the lips are the big problem, still.

I've noticed the anesthetic, so-called, works best (better) if it covers a bit past the areas to be treated. With the problem area that would mean putting some of it on my lips. I need to read the directions again, but I seem to recall it should not be applied on mucous membranes, which would include the lips... It's always something, isn't it?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 11th, 2013 at 6:07:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
The skin of the lip, with three to five cellular layers, is very thin compared to typical face skin, which has up to 16 layers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2013 at 8:11:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Oh, it works on the lip. But a product designed to be used on regular skin may have adverse effect on lips and other areas of the body.

BTW, did you know that chapstick is a very effective spot moisturizer for the back of the hand?
April 22nd, 2013 at 8:15:12 AM permalink
Nareed
I tried the lower lip again. In one word: OUCH!!

Full credit for my electrologist, though, who didn't even hesitate to finish the area despite my clear agony.
April 22nd, 2013 at 11:03:46 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I am jealous of those without facial hair and body hair. It's a pain in the ass and knowing my luck, the day I would get rid of it, the biological benefit of me to have it would be needed in some survival situation.
April 24th, 2013 at 8:35:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
How much of this stuff is driven by Madison Avenue or the like?

Did women on the American frontier have time for such things? Was there a time when French women valued armpit hair? Did hippies in communes in the sixties have views on such things?

For a time many men in America did not have beards and I understand there was some minor persecution on this matter. I think we all remember the closing lines of Robert Redford in his Mountain Man movie "Watch Your Topknot"... from when men knotted their hair because the attentions of a barber were few and far between. A British Sailor would be called Jack Tar because sailors used tar in their hair. "Eskimo" females would have their children's excrement in their hair. I wonder what views of average people were?

Dress in the American west was rather varied with different countries represented as well as different classes. Was there a difference between women in Eastern cities and say perhaps a Parisian actress? Wealth was made exterminating the beaver from this continent solely for the fashion sense of Europe and the UK. Did such things ever extend to facial hair as well?

One actor on the set of St. Elsewhere(?) insisted a British actress would have to shave before he would perform a suggested scene with her. Is it still common for US males to think females should appear virtually bereft of hair that is not on top of their heads? Admitedly, the actress in question probably needed a lawn mower not a razor.
April 25th, 2013 at 12:13:39 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Fleastiff
One actor on the set of St. Elsewhere(?) insisted a British actress would have to shave before he would perform a suggested scene with her. Is it still common for US males to think females should appear virtually bereft of hair that is not on top of their heads?

One of my friends, with whom I had a short fling as well, preferred "au natural" - she did not shave her armpits or legs, except for very special occasions and only under heavy duress. For example, she acquiesced to shaving for her sister's wedding because she knew her parents would be mad if she didn't (less so her sister). But she was pretty upset about it, as she saw it as a useless social convention. Interestingly enough, she did shave around her bikini line, but rocked the nearly-full-bush-airstirp. Sorry, maybe TMI. She was very attractive.

Anyway, it honestly didn't bother me that much. I'm confident I'm in the minority among men though. Among other things, I just love fucking with gender norms (I'm a guy and my 2nd favorite color is pink and I wear it pretty frequently).
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
June 21st, 2013 at 2:01:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Oh, I'm due for an update.

While at Vegas I found I no longer need concealer on my neck and cheeks at all. I still need some on the chin, and of course around the lips.

The plan now is to find a laser or IPL depilation place and see how hard that is to take. It's not permanent hair removal, from what I've been able to determine, but it does weaken the follicles. That would perforce be followed by electrolysis, but at lower settings (like that makes a difference in those areas)
January 21st, 2014 at 7:57:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Things keep progressing well. The average session now runs to 35 minutes, and it involves mostly getting rid of the most persistent offenders. But if I had to, these days, I would skip shaving cheeks and neck without adverse effect (yay!!). Plus I'm slowly tackling the lower lip and the corners of the upper lip. This is extremely painful, but it's working. Oh, and sessions are twice a month now.
January 27th, 2014 at 7:34:26 AM permalink
Nareed
I dared the lower lip and the left corner of the upper lip. it was extremely painful, depsite using lots of EMLA applied with plenty of time. But I found I can take these small areas. At the end the elctrologist said "You didn't scream even once." Well, no. I did whimper, though, and said "OWW!" once or twice (or ten times or more). I also felt very happy upon seeind the swelling on that corner later. Go figure.

It's worth it, of course, and hopefully we'll be done with the whole lip area by next year.
Page 1 of 3123>