Aldi Grocery store

Page 2 of 4<1234>
March 8th, 2018 at 10:48:25 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Aldi is a store I kept hearing about and
when I finally went, bought nothing.
Walmart is cheaper, faster, more convenient.
Aldi is a place that has 90 kinds of coffee,
or 11 kinds of cream cheese. Who cares.

Are you sure you went to an Aldi? Cause this is literally the opposite of what they do for most products. One choice for everything.
March 8th, 2018 at 10:58:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: gamerfreak
Are you sure you went to an Aldi? Cause this is literally the opposite of what they do for most products. One choice for everything.

Aldi here is a specialty store, things you
won't see elsewhere or would ever want
to see.

"You can expect specialty items to change week-by-week, which means certain foods are only available for purchase until they’re gone. For shoppers who prefer more variety, Aldi has it at better prices. You never know what you’re going to get, and that’s part of the excitement."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 8th, 2018 at 11:00:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Aldi here is a specialty store, things you
won't see elsewhere or would ever want
to see.

Are you sure you don't mean Trader Joe's? Aldi's claim to fame is low selection for the same thing. Lower end stuff.
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2018 at 11:02:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Are you sure you don't mean Trader Joe's? .

Om my dear god, I hate TJ's,
I ran out the door after 10 min
there. Pay a lot for smaller
portions, that's the ticket.

Aldi's:

"You can expect specialty items to change week-by-week, which means certain foods are only available for purchase until they’re gone. For shoppers who prefer more variety, Aldi has it at better prices. You never know what you’re going to get, and that’s part of the excitement."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 8th, 2018 at 11:03:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: gamerfreak

Its EB
He hates Uber yet always uses them?
He said he went to al Aldi to see 11 kinds of cream cheese when in reality just 1 brand is stocked?
He just posted the Wrinkle in time is a terrible movie yet he has not seen it himself?
EB is a pretender
He pretends to use Uber, pretends to check out Aldi personally, pretends to review movies he has never seen
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 8th, 2018 at 11:14:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
From what I'm reading Aldi stores are
different in different places. Some are
small and dirty and have a scant variety,
others are larger and clean with a big
variety. Mine is in a very upscale
neighborhood, 99% white shoppers,
parking lot is all SUV's. So the competition
with local specialty stores is huge.

I suspect if you live in BumFrick USA the
store would be vastly different than mine.
March 10th, 2018 at 7:49:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I went to my new Aldi up the street
I was underwhelmed
I don't buy much from grocery stores these days
I buy various items in bulk from Costco and my dinners are delivered meal services such as plated, hello fresh and home chef
That leaves breakfast and lunch supplies I buy from the grocery store
Aldi has no deli or bakery. I love fresh baked French bread from publix grocery store and always Boars Head from their deli
At Aldi, all I ended up buying was yogurt, butter and ice cream.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 10th, 2018 at 8:40:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Trader Joe's seems to have morphed recently but it used to be a great place for yuppies and free samples. Although I never noticed any taste differences in those seven different kinds of chips or cared much for jelly from Portugal and eggs from New Zealand. The bread and wine options were great though.

Aldis is one brand, one size, but always two choices. Buy it or don't buy it.
March 10th, 2018 at 9:44:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Trader Joe's seems to have morphed recently but it used to be a great place for yuppies and free samples. Although I never noticed any taste differences in those seven different kinds of chips or cared much for jelly from Portugal and eggs from New Zealand. The bread and wine options were great though.

There are some things I love at TJ but others I look at and shake my head why people pay more for the same thing.
The President is a fink.
March 11th, 2018 at 6:59:24 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
I went to my new Aldi up the street
I was underwhelmed
I don't buy much from grocery stores these days
I buy various items in bulk from Costco and my dinners are delivered meal services such as plated, hello fresh and home chef
That leaves breakfast and lunch supplies I buy from the grocery store
Aldi has no deli or bakery. I love fresh baked French bread from publix grocery store and always Boars Head from their deli
At Aldi, all I ended up buying was yogurt, butter and ice cream.

Everyone is different.

I can’t stand delivery services like hello chef. It’s stupid expensive at $10/meal to cook at home. And maybe I’m just fat but I think the portions are usually small as well.
Page 2 of 4<1234>