Mexico Mission Trip

Page 1 of 3123>
March 26th, 2018 at 12:55:24 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I just got back from a Spring Break mission trip in Mexico. It was my first time in that beautiful country. We were stationed at a little town about an hour from Saltillo and every day we would travel around to the various ranchos out in the desert. It was a life changing encounter of Christ in the people and the testimonies we all shared about what God is doing and how God is working in our lives.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 26th, 2018 at 1:05:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: FrGamble
I just got back from a Spring Break mission trip in Mexico. It was my first time in that beautiful country. We were stationed at a little town about an hour from Saltillo and every day we would travel around to the various ranchos out in the desert. It was a life changing encounter of Christ in the people and the testimonies we all shared about what God is doing and how God is working in our lives.

I hope you made a difference to the populace, so much so that they don't try to illegally enter our country! Now to bring you back to the 'real world' of Diversity Tomorrow, can you please comment on the FORTY TWO thread? Welcome back.
March 26th, 2018 at 1:18:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It was a life changing encounter of Christ in the people

Good or bad. Every encounter I've had
with the Jesus myth has not worked
out for the good. If they think it was
good, just give it time. They'll discover
they've been hoodwinked if they pay
attention.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 1:26:15 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: SOOPOO
I hope you made a difference to the populace, so much so that they don't try to illegally enter our country! Now to bring you back to the 'real world' of Diversity Tomorrow, can you please comment on the FORTY TWO thread? Welcome back.

One of the stereotypes that I found untrue was that everyone wanted to go to the USA. Instead I found hardworking and happy Mexicans that loved being Mexican.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 26th, 2018 at 1:36:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
One of the stereotypes that I found untrue was that everyone wanted to go to the USA.

Or so they told you. What did you
think they were going to say, admit
to illegalities? Yeah, right..

"I have 2 brothers, 4 cousins, and an
aunt that are in the US illegally, but
not me, I don't want to go."

Right..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 1:43:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
That's just it, there wasn't even a desire to go to the US. They were happy and content, their whole families. Now we weren't at a border town or where the violence is taking place but believe me you don't need any walls to keep the Mexican citizens I met out.
March 26th, 2018 at 2:34:29 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
See any cookstoves without pilot lights?
March 26th, 2018 at 2:36:41 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
One of the stereotypes that I found untrue was that everyone wanted to go to the USA. Instead I found hardworking and happy Mexicans that loved being Mexican.

A lot of Mexican people want to make some money in the USA and return to Mexico to live. Even the highest number I've seen in a survey done by Pew Research was 25% would cross if it was an open border.

Most Mexican people love Mexico. Economic immigrants don't dislike their country, they are just looking for opportunity.
March 26th, 2018 at 3:00:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
That's just it, there wasn't even a desire to go to the US.

Or so they made you believe.

And Mexicans are not the only
ones a wall would keep out.
It's all the Central Americans, the
East Europeans, and Africans that
make it to Mexico and make the trip
to the border. Lots of Russian
Mafia come in that way.
March 26th, 2018 at 3:18:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

How much stricter of Catholics were they down there vs here if you do not mind me asking?
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 3123>