Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
The best way to piss off a cop is
to say "Do you know who I am?"

They hear it all the time and they
will make it 10 times worse for
you if they can. You are trying
to usurp their power.

It is not a good statement for anyone. It's an old joke but probably happened that some person who thought they were important missed an airline connection so said "Do you know who I am?" The agent said "No" so the guy went into who he thought he was. Then the agent says, "Do you know who I am?"

Guy says, "Why don't you tell me?

"I'm the person who decides if you get on the next plane out of here!"
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2018 at 11:57:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not a good statement for anyone.

But it used to be. If you
were the mayors wife and you gave
her a hard time as a cop, your job
would be gone the next day. Or
if you were the governors kid, or
a senators wife. Those days are
gone.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 4th, 2018 at 2:41:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
But it used to be. If you
were the mayors wife and you gave
her a hard time as a cop, your job
would be gone the next day. Or
if you were the governors kid, or
a senators wife. Those days are
gone.

What I mean is you immediately put the other person in a position of not liking you. A position of they have to be harder just to show they are not playing favorites.

Part of the video I see is she talked like an angry and pushy woman. A guy would probably say to the tune of, "hey, I'm have tin like you. Can you do me a solid and explain the problem?" If a person asked the cop like that, confident but polite, chances are the cop talks polite back. I get slight favors like this all the time at the courthouses. Same if I need an early check-in at a hotel, easy to get within reason. Confidence but deference. People respond to it.

If I was that cop, as soon as she said, "It is not 'miss' it is 'commissioner,'" well, not only is she not getting any extra help, but I will go out of my way to see she gets at best "by the book" treatment. I feel sorry for her husband.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2018 at 4:49:26 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not a good statement for anyone.

I must admit that I've said that at gaming shows to avoid introducing myself. Never realized I was coming off a douche.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 4th, 2018 at 5:15:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
I must admit that I've said that at gaming shows to avoid introducing myself. Never realized I was coming off a douche.

Depends mostly how you do it. I'd give you a pass if you were just trying to avoid attention. She did it to get special treatment, and said it as if the cop should have known who she was. Who knows a high-level cop at the Port Authority?

If I had any level of celebrity I would travel under a fake name ideally with a credit card under the same fake name. I hate attention.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2018 at 9:57:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This one is pretty interesting. You can guess who he might be? Might fool you. Spoiler at bottom.

Internal Affairs from the Police Department
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 6th, 2018 at 5:31:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
This is an interesting one, and you see it often on a lesser scale. Put the car in a barn and figure in 20 years you can just start it up and drive off. These people outdid the barn!

The President is a fink.
May 7th, 2018 at 8:13:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
This looks interesting
A series by YouTube
I was a fan of the original movie

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 7th, 2018 at 2:02:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Police Squad - for a little cash on the side, Shoeshine Johnny knows everything. Compilation.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 8th, 2018 at 4:06:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Three words for this one, Scrappy scrappiest, um scrappy!