I Love Youtube

October 22nd, 2018 at 1:51:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Not a Krispy Kreme fan
Its closer to candy then a donut

One of my favorite bumper stickers "Bad Cop, no donut"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2018 at 2:14:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Some things about You Tube are weird

If I just go straight to youtube.com , I get suggested videos. Today I notice there's one on how to win at slots. I click on the guy's channel instead and see that he hasn't posted a thing in 4 years and the video is 6 years old. It's the only video on gambling, and is an incredibly boring rundown on how they work. As for how to win, he immediately says to win you just get lucky. Honest but not very clever.

Doesn't it seem like the algorithm they use would be a little more sophisticated? Like maybe favoring newer videos from channels that get more views? I guess I don't really care but the status quo seems odd to me. I guess it truly shows you don't have to pay to have your videos suggested.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 24th, 2018 at 9:27:58 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: odiousgambit
Some things about You Tube are weird

While stealing bananas makes sense, I wonder what monkey's do with hats and purses.
November 4th, 2018 at 6:56:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A recent encounter. Man tries to scare off grisly bear with cubs from his property with a shotgun. Ends up shooting bear point blank and still has to run for his life.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2018 at 8:04:02 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Shotgun to the face at 7' and just wipes it off. That's why I got a wad of cash heading to Smith and Wesson for a .460. That s#$%'s horrifying.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 4th, 2018 at 8:54:46 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
He only had birdshot in his shotgun, it was never going to do anything but piss off the bear. I have done jobs in the Bella Coola valley for years and it has lots of bears. A major salmon river and when the salmon are running the grizzlies and fisherman share the river sometimes within a 100' of each other.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 4th, 2018 at 9:19:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
He only had birdshot in his shotgun, it was never going to do anything but piss off the bear.

I know someone in the comments said he should have had slugs, but I don't know, you got to hit the bear, as your hands don't shake at a charging bear.

Better option to go back inside early.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2018 at 10:08:57 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
He only had birdshot in his shotgun

Wat.

...the grizzlies and fisherman share the river sometimes within a 100' of each other.

Not this one.

Quote: rxwine

Better option to go back inside early.

If by "better" you mean "only", then I agree.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 4th, 2018 at 10:09:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
This is how you get rid of bears
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 4th, 2018 at 11:50:51 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
That doesn't sound like the Face usually portrayed on the forum. Turning down a chance to share a fishing hole with a grizzly. I thought you were always up for any adventure -;)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin