I Love Youtube

November 4th, 2018 at 12:13:28 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: kenarman
That doesn't sound like the Face usually portrayed on the forum. Turning down a chance to share a fishing hole with a grizzly. I thought you were always up for any adventure -;)

I'll fish, hunt and hike in bear country all day long. I DO usually hope to see something, bear, wolf, moose, doesn't matter. But the only thing I want to "share" is a glance from 200yds+. I shared the stories long ago of all my bear encounters. You know how dogs idiotically paw at stuff when they're trying to flip something over, like their overturned dish? I saw a small, 200lb black do that same no-effort pawing and rip an entire window right out of a wall. Frame and everything with just an inquisitive scratch. I might have seen a 500lb'er drop from one shot of a .270, but I also saw one being lit up with 30cal and not even suffer a hitch in its giddyup as it charged. And these are blacks, the ones you can just politely ask to leave and have them oblige. I don't want no part of bears as big as my car that give but a 5sec pause when taking shotguns dead in the face.

Gettin' old, man. 38 now. This latest tearing of my good shoulder happened because I pushed a man. Just that. Pushed a man and haven't been able to lift my arm for 3 months now. When even holding a weapon causes pain, being in a position to use one has fallen well down my to-do list lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 4th, 2018 at 12:51:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Is it a rotor cuff Face? They hurt like hell but usually do better with motion rather than none. I had both shoulders go at the same time and trying to wipe my ass was almost impossible and brought tears to my eyes.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 4th, 2018 at 1:16:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Many of the Grizz harvested up north have many different caliber slugs in them from various encounters with humans.

The problem with the bears is, they don't know they're supposed to die.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 4th, 2018 at 1:31:10 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Is it a rotor cuff Face? They hurt like hell but usually do better with motion rather than none. I had both shoulders go at the same time and trying to wipe my ass was almost impossible and brought tears to my eyes.

The right is a SLAP tear, the left and newest is undiagnosed. I'm reasonably certain I can fix the left myself, albeit at a cost of my on-ice persona, and I'm quite a bit the way there. But while I share your view that you can/should use it, there's certainly a point where you really shouldn't, and doing mail that means I am doing exactly that every day. I am getting ahead of it thankfully, and I think and hope I can ride it out. The right though is junk. Getting a new one as soon as I can manage 2months off without pay.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 4th, 2018 at 1:41:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
This is how you get rid of bears

He got lucky. I watch a lot of hiking
videos and see bear encounters all
the time. They block the trail and
you can scream and yell and talk
to them all you like and they'll go
when they feel like it. Or not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2018 at 2:22:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I had both shoulders go at the same time and trying to wipe my ass was almost impossible and brought tears to my eyes.

All those shows and movies where the hero gets the daylights beat out of him, only to return later to take out the perps and win the day.. Never show the part where someone had to wipe his ass for 2 months while he was recovering.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2018 at 2:51:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Many of the Grizz harvested up north have many different caliber slugs in them from various encounters with humans.

The problem with the bears is, they don't know they're supposed to die.

All you really need is a blanket and a fat tree.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2018 at 3:13:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
All you really need is a blanket and a fat tree.
The old dog at 4;45 is funny, he goes the other way. Probably to his dish.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 8th, 2018 at 6:04:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Stoning

November 11th, 2018 at 11:00:37 PM permalink
rxwine
enthusiasm for more finales' if I say so myself.