I Love Youtube

March 31st, 2020 at 10:05:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Yes, in an episode they ran out of chloroquine and had to use Primaquine which was bad for the Negroes.

Thanks, I did not know if it was the same stuff or not. It sounded so close I am amazed it has not come up in passing somewhere.

I still love Col Potter chewing Klinger out:

"What about the Negroes?"
"What did I do to them?"
The President is a fink.
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:52:42 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Here is my latest contribution to YouTube.

Direct: https://youtu.be/1WlbJwnwj-E
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:57:05 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I would have preferred the natural soundtrack rather then music
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 2nd, 2020 at 7:32:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: terapined

You would have been frustrated. It was very hard to tell what I was saying.
April 2nd, 2020 at 7:51:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined

I liked the Canon in D, and Moonlight Sonata, but as an experiment I tried watching it with Ride of the Valkyries. But not the regular version, the war version with helicopters with gun fire and explosion.

(start Wiz version, but mute the video speaker, and then start the 2nd video and watch Wiz video)

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2020 at 5:27:25 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I liked the Canon in D, and Moonlight Sonata, but as an experiment I tried watching it with Ride of the Valkyries. But not the regular version, the war version with helicopters with gun fire and explosion.

I have Ride of the Valkyries in my meager MP3 music library. However, I was going for a quiet relaxing soundtrack. Since Apocalypse Now, I think everybody will associate it with that scene. Not the effect I was going for.

Speaking of that scene, there is a great scene of Marines watching that scene in Jarhead.
April 3rd, 2020 at 8:44:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I have Ride of the Valkyries in my meager MP3 music library. However, I was going for a quiet relaxing soundtrack. Since Apocalypse Now, I think everybody will associate it with that scene. Not the effect I was going for.

Speaking of that scene, there is a great scene of Marines watching that scene in Jarhead.

How many people realize that is was Hitler's favorite musical piece?
The President is a fink.
April 3rd, 2020 at 9:30:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Wizard

Symbolically, it could represent being at war. Our president is saying he is a war president. The vegas landscape is representative of that activity.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:45:48 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
How many people realize that is was Hitler's favorite musical piece?

I knew he liked Wagner. It was a major plot point to one episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm regarding whether it made one a bad Jew if he/she liked Wagner.
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:46:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Symbolically, it could represent being at war. Our president is saying he is a war president. The vegas landscape is representative of that activity.

I thought of that, but I don't think the audience would have caught the reference.