I Love Youtube

July 19th, 2020 at 12:31:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Was reading a story on America's most dangerous theme park. Action Park. in NJ. (closed now, I guess). Anyone ever go there?

Here are some of the quotes of visitors from the story. Video below.

Quote:
Unofficially known as Class Action Park, Traction Park and Accident Park

The park was poorly maintained and smelled of leaking go-cart gas and chlorine. I laid low as my friends seemed hell-bent on suffering a major head injury by day’s end.

The rides almost seemed like they were pulled from a deranged child’s brain that had zero concept of death being permanent. How else do you explain a water ride that was basically a huge toilet?

“Every member of my family seemed to have gotten hurt and/or nearly drowned there. My cousin got his ass stuck in one of the suction intakes in the wave pool. The temperature of the water would practically put you in hypothermic shock

Flying off the track (Alpine Slide) was a common occurrence. Or someone would be getting back on the track after having crashed, and now you were moments away from plowing into them. But if you braked too fast, you’d go flying off the track too,”

After suffering some minor road rash on the Alpine Slide, he became cautious about going on the more intimidating rides, especially the Geronimo Slide, a waterslide that was basically a vertical drop with sides so low park guests were warned not to move at all or they risked flying over.

Tarzan Swing (zip line) ” The most important rule was to not let go too soon or you’d land on cement. “I was one of the ‘lucky’ ones who held on for the entire length of the line. Because nothing was spelled out to you, you had no real understanding of what to do.”

Cannonball Slide. “It was never open on any trip I made there,” he tells me. “I heard the rumors of someone dying in it.”
It definitely beheaded dummies during test runs. Mulvihill, however, was determined to make it work. (In fact, his son Andy writes about being the original test rider in his new book on Action Park.) Deadly or not, teeth were often lost — sometimes embedded in the top of the loop — and it proved dangerous enough that it was only operational for about a month.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2020 at 3:18:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Yellow Stone National Park is not a petting Zoo.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2020 at 4:07:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Yellow Stone National Park is not a petting Zoo.

When she planted her face in the
dirt I lol. Am I a bad person?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 29th, 2020 at 10:45:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Remember watching TV sign offs? USSR did it the same way.

The President is a fink.
July 30th, 2020 at 6:33:42 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
Was reading a story on America's most dangerous theme park. Action Park. in NJ. (closed now, I guess). Anyone ever go there?

Here are some of the quotes of visitors from the story. Video below.

youtube=VKWJpFEJw9M&feature=youtu.be

Class Action Park!

Its legendary in PA/NJ, especially for the generation of 80’s kids.

It does actually still exist with many of the same water attractions, but under a different name. https://www.mcwaterpark.com/

This is probably the most insane thing that ever came out of Action Park

Here is a good video on the history of the park

August 5th, 2020 at 6:36:14 PM permalink
rxwine
He's got super ninja powers.

August 10th, 2020 at 11:37:31 PM permalink
rxwine
August 14th, 2020 at 7:27:00 PM permalink
rxwine
August 20th, 2020 at 10:07:40 PM permalink
rxwine
August 30th, 2020 at 4:02:06 PM permalink
rxwine
This one just made many of the major news networks. 3 year old girl caught in kite tail.