I Love Youtube

September 22nd, 2021 at 5:53:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS BEFORE FINISHING WATCHING!

The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2021 at 5:15:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
All good, until the one time it doesn't work.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 19th, 2021 at 10:21:33 PM permalink
rxwine
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2021 at 8:48:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Wow, this guy is a master of the obvious. 99% of art has always been dreck. Only the good stuff survives and of course that's all we see from the past. 95% of the shows on TV are unwatchable it's why I don't watch TV anymore. How people watch this crap or go to all these movies that are crap is beyond me. Seinfeld was a good show because it had two of the most creative people in the business, Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David. And it about killed them doing that show. Larry David quit for the last two seasons. Most TV shows just copy other TV shows that's how hard true creativity is. Most art copies other art. That's why Hemingway stands out, or Picasso. They did not copy anybody they created something new. Ever see those artists in Florida on the street who will paint a beautiful picture right in front of you? It's the only picture they know how to paint they have zero creativity to do anything on their own. Look at Joe Biden, how many times did he get caught plagiarizing? Makes you wonder about the times he did not get caught. C'mon, man..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 20th, 2021 at 9:01:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Minimum standard is "not be boring", maximum standard is transitional or even life changing.
October 20th, 2021 at 9:10:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Minimum standard is "not be boring"

95% of TV shows don't meet that standard. But people still watch them because they're so used to being bored that they think they're being entertained. They hear a laugh track and listen to the same joke they've heard a hundred times being told in a different setting and they think that's entertainment. That's why Friends was so unwatchable for me, it was just a conglomeration of every stupid sitcom up to that point. There was nothing new or creative about it. It was personality-driven, not creativity driven.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 20th, 2021 at 12:59:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
95% of TV shows don't meet that standard. But people still watch them because they're so used to being bored that they think they're being entertained. They hear a laugh track and listen to the same joke they've heard a hundred times being told in a different setting and they think that's entertainment. That's why Friends was so unwatchable for me, it was just a conglomeration of every stupid sitcom up to that point. There was nothing new or creative about it. It was personality-driven, not creativity driven.

I felt similar with Seinfeld. I am not sure that I ever laughed at that show.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 20th, 2021 at 2:23:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
I felt similar with Seinfeld. I am not sure that I ever laughed at that show.

I'm not sure if I thought the early shows were funny. I may have to watch some of the first season and see. I basically missed most of series while it was being produced, because I didn't really like the early episodes, and didn't start watching it again until it was over and in reruns.
October 22nd, 2021 at 5:58:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
This should be a good series! This guy used to just show people casually breaking the law. Like blowing off traffic lights or my favorite going down an exit ramp and returning to save perhaps a minute in traffic but at the same time making traffic worse for all. Those videos are gone lost when he left that news station.

Now he is doing some deeper investigation. Showing what a collapsed society San Fransisco really has become.

The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2021 at 8:41:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
This guy is fun to watch. He will take a chain restaurant idea and not copy it but improve it but keep to the original idea.

I love some of these foodie videos. I love The Domestic Geek but I swear her husband must weigh 300lbs with what she makes. I like ones like this guy. Some of them almost make me wish I was dating someone so I could make for more than just me. Supposedly women love a guy who cooks unless they are a big cook in which case they hate the competition.

But men make the best cooks. If we go to Mars the best cooks will be men.

The President is a fink.