I Love Youtube

April 30th, 2018 at 10:53:24 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: JB
A (now former) Port Authority commissioner tries to pull rank on a couple NJ cops.

Oh no, you're going to fire up EB with this one.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 30th, 2018 at 12:30:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ever see the Bionic Bird, about $150

https://youtu.be/-X_M4_88QQk?t=530
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 30th, 2018 at 2:00:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
This happened a month ago, so you many have seen it already.

A (now former) Port Authority commissioner tries to pull rank on a couple NJ cops.

With all the bad press cops get, it's nice to see the opposite for a change. They handled this crazy lady with grace and wit.

The whole encounter plays out like a scene of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and is very funny at times.

Why did the guy drive away an impounded car? Tow truck across the road?

"Five people in the car crying!" Can't beat that.
The President is a fink.
April 30th, 2018 at 2:38:58 PM permalink
JB
Administrator
Threads: 10
That was the towing guy/contractor who drove it off to impound. The original driver is the kid with the hat.

There is a longer video of the entire thing, but it's boring and censored. If you really want it, here it is:

The mother shows up around 51 or 52 minutes into it.
April 30th, 2018 at 2:52:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That was the towing guy/contractor who drove it off to impound. The original driver is the kid with the hat.

There is a longer video of the entire thing, but it's boring and censored. If you really want it, here it is:

The mother shows up around 51 or 52 minutes into it.

Thanks, was thinking maybe that was what it was, though can't believe they drive em to the impound.
The President is a fink.
April 30th, 2018 at 3:30:50 PM permalink
JB
Administrator
Threads: 10
Maybe he just drove it closer to his off-screen tow truck, I don't know. But it's Jersey, where it's illegal to pump your own gas, so who knows.
April 30th, 2018 at 4:50:38 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I find rally to hold my attention for quite awhile. Gods, but do I wish we did this in America. The goat trails, the town roads, this was my own start in motorsports (though alone, and on public roads =p). There's something just mental about "Here's a road. We don't know what's in it, where it goes, or even what it's made of. How about you see how fast you can get to the other end?"

If I had Ted Turner money and real estate, I'd cut paths in every mile of my land and this is what I'd do. All day, every day.

When I'm feeling more cerebral, nothing beats Nurburgring hot laps. Supercars, race cars, muscle car, liter bikes, cargo vans, whatever it is it's got a hot lap at The Ring. If I'm getting amped for a race, this is what I watch. Kinda gotta be in the mood for it, though.

And something that everyone can enjoy. I could (and have) lost hours to my and Mission's favorite past time - watching rich dips#$% buy exotics, show off, and bin it. There's something about these that tickles all the right spots in just the right way. This is where the EB in me just shines...

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 1st, 2018 at 1:07:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Amazing how commercials can take you
back 40 years like it was still happening.
I don't remember things being this
cornball in 77. And I remember all
of these.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2018 at 1:40:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I get daily hits of schadenfreude by watching
these ticketing videos.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2018 at 2:24:34 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
Amazing how commercials can take you
back 40 years like it was still happening.

That video is 28 minutes long. Didn't you just tell me you won't even start watching a video if it is over five minutes?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber