I Love Youtube

January 18th, 2023 at 8:33:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
3 episodes in and I'm blown away
Netflix has got to be worried
I'd be surprised if the Netflix version will be as good as this one.
So far loving the Chinese version. High quality acting and production. The US is the King Kong of the entertainment industry. Looks like China is catching up in that dept.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2023 at 7:15:57 AM permalink
terapined
3 Body Problem on the tencent channel on youtube
Very faithful to the book
Except there was a key scene regarding the brutality of the cultural revolution
They left that out
On the plus side I was wondering how they were going to film the key video game at www.3body.com
Computer game on a screen in the book
They made it a virtual reality game
Oh yea
Music, acting, artistic direction are all spot on in this series. I am so impressed
Up to episode 8 but have to slow down
Seems like they are releasing 1 episode a day
It's pretty fascinating to see how products are advertised in China. Pretty slick commercials
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 29th, 2023 at 8:35:43 AM permalink
tenie8
Threads: 0
I first got one to be approximately the size of a golf ball, but someone tossed it away. I immediately began a new one, although I took more precautions to conceal it in between shifts. That one eventually grew to around racquetball size. It's still in a box of garbage in the garage. I still think of this little piece of artwork every time I see a small box of garbage on a counter filled with straw wrappers.
January 29th, 2023 at 4:23:25 PM permalink
terapined
So cool
February 1st, 2023 at 4:40:58 PM permalink
terapined
Alex Murdaugh trial
He claimed he arrived home and found his wife and son shot dead
He is on trial for their murders
The devastating testimony today
A video taken by the son that very evening for a friend regarding a dog he left in their care. This video was taken just a few minutes before the murders. The friend says 100% he can hear Alex in the background.

February 4th, 2023 at 4:14:27 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: Riverjordan
I don't like Comments turned off when I look up music videos on YouTube and want to read comments and post too. 😒 About "Comments turned off," I remember at least one Uploader saying something like,"All of a sudden, I was no longer getting notifications on my phone about Comments to my uploaded video. I checked my video, and YouTube turned off comments without telling me anything. I fought YouTube to turn back on Comments and they did."

A lot of the Music Videos that previously had,"Comments tired off," things had their comments restored like the day after I made that post. 😀😏 I'd like to think that that post was the catalyst for having the Music Videos have their comments open again. 😏😀
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
February 7th, 2023 at 6:18:08 PM permalink
terapined
Kid has to hit 4 shots. Lay up, free throw, top of the key then half court.
Amazing
February 7th, 2023 at 7:20:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Kid has to hit 4 shots. Lay up, free throw, top of the key then half court.
Amazing

I would have bet against him every day of every year that he wouldn't complete that sequence successfully. And lost of course.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2023 at 2:30:05 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

I would have bet against him every day of every year that he wouldn't complete that sequence successfully. And lost of course.

I think I would bet against most NBA players.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 16th, 2023 at 8:23:54 AM permalink
terapined
Finishing 3 Body Problem
By the way the math problem is in being able to determine a calender for a system with 1 planet and 3 suns.
Anyway
30 episodes and just finished episode 29. I was wondering how they were going to film the major military operation in episode 29
The setup
A massive tanker is passing through the panama canal. The military needs to kill everyone aboard the ship but keep the hard drives intact. The plan is to use the latest in nanotechnology. A thin string of nanoparticles lined across the canal every couple of feet from top to bottom that can slice through anything. The massive Tanker passes and is sliced horizontally into a multi layer pancake killing everybody but leaving the crucial hard drives intact.
They filmed it and the special effects were amazing.
Wondering if the Netflix version will be up to snuff because China hit it out of the park.
Great series