The humble pig

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
April 20th, 2018 at 2:22:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Here is something I've always wondered. In the closing credits the cat throws Fred out and he bangs and the door and yells for Wilma. Why doesn't he just go in through the same window the cat did?

I always figured he was either too out of shape to jump in the window or maybe too large and would not fit.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2018 at 4:56:57 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
I always figured he was either too out of shape to jump in the window or maybe too large and would not fit.

It's a pretty big window and a pretty big cat, plus Fred does work in manual labor all day. The more important question is why is the cat not in any episodes?

April 20th, 2018 at 5:20:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Pacomartin
It's a pretty big window and a pretty big cat, plus Fred does work in manual labor all day. The more important question is why is the cat not in any episodes?

He is more a machine operator and might be in not best of shape from sitting and smoking Winstons all day. You ever try to climb in a house window? I have, and it is not easy.

One thing I will say is I have had jobs where I would have loved to slide down a dinosaur tail and land in my car. I did work in a call center once, shift ended on Saturday and from way, way across the room someone yelled "YABBA-DABBA-DOO!" Wish I thought of that.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2018 at 6:28:28 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin

The window looks plenty big for Fred to fit through. Granted, Fred looks about 50 pounds overweight but he could still stand on the pot as a step. As to his job, he got the dinosaur to move heavy boulders from the quarry. He just sat there watching the clock, I mean sundial.

Good question about the cat, who is even mentioned in the closing theme song.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 20th, 2018 at 9:50:43 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
The window looks plenty big for Fred to fit through. Granted, Fred looks about 50 pounds overweight but he could still stand on the pot as a step. As to his job, he got the dinosaur to move heavy boulders from the quarry. He just sat there watching the clock, I mean sundial.

Good question about the cat, who is even mentioned in the closing theme song.

I would think it an outstanding WoV trivia event question.

"What character was in every Flintstone credit sequence, but never in an episode?"
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 20th, 2018 at 10:08:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
I would think it an outstanding WoV trivia event question.

"What character was in every Flintstone credit sequence, but never in an episode?"

Didn't the Rubbles have the cat as a pet at some point?
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2018 at 10:33:56 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Didn't the Rubbles have the cat as a pet at some point?

Not that I can recall, but we're going back some 40 years here.

I had to look this up, but http://flintstones.wikia.com, says the cat's name is Baby Puss (nice name) and was sometimes seen outside of the credits.

April 20th, 2018 at 10:46:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I feel responsible for the original Flintstones series going off the air. The last airing was Friday April 1, 1966. That was the day I was born.

Wizard, have you been to Bedrock City? There is one about four hours away in Williams Arizona.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 20th, 2018 at 12:01:40 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: DRich
Wizard, have you been to Bedrock City? There is one about four hours away in Williams Arizona.

I just passed it a couple weeks ago! Didn't go in though. It looked like an RV parking lot.
Page 7 of 7« First<4567