Women Unhated

April 27th, 2018 at 6:47:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs

Bullshit, AZD. I was 15. Are you out of your mind? Justifying a guy hitting a girl so hard he knocks her out of bed? You're just disgusting.

No, I am not out of my mind. Lets look at it. You were 15 and going with a guy who was 18. What kind of message does this send? You willingly went into his dark room. Your quotes:

"Us actually in a bed together was new, and quite daring."
"It was dark, and lights seemed like a bad idea"

Really? And you got upset when he assumed you were ready to go all the way? You played a dangerous game with him. it could have been much worse. Sorry, but the "I WAS JUST 15" excuse is not going to play when it seems clear you were willing all the way. This is not a guy who offered you a ride home, then pulled over and said, "put out or get out!" This was leading a guy on.
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2018 at 7:04:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard
I find your whole post disgusting. A woman has the right to say "no," even with her panties off. Any man who doesn't respect "no" in that situation is a rapist.

Totally agree
No means no
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 27th, 2018 at 7:53:13 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Totally agree
No means no

Just a short quote from Germaine Greer and her latest book "The views Greer is expressing today shouldn’t come as a surprise. In 1999’s The Whole Woman she argues that “if women are to reject the role of natural-born victim, they will have to reject the ludicrous elevation of the humble penis to the status of devastating weapon”.

I also listened to an interview with her a while back and in the interview she agreed with AZD "if you are at a party in the frat house and go up to a mans room you are giving implied consent"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 27th, 2018 at 8:28:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
Just a short quote from Germaine Greer and her latest book "The views Greer is expressing today shouldn’t come as a surprise. In 1999’s The Whole Woman she argues that “if women are to reject the role of natural-born victim, they will have to reject the ludicrous elevation of the humble penis to the status of devastating weapon”.

I also listened to an interview with her a while back and in the interview she agreed with AZD "if you are at a party in the frat house and go up to a mans room you are giving implied consent"

Strange I do not remember hearing of her. Has she done anything besides books?
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2018 at 8:32:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
I find your whole post disgusting. A woman has the right to say "no," even with her panties off. Any man who doesn't respect "no" in that situation is a rapist.

Sorry we disagree. FWIW I remember many years ago courts started to take more of my stance, that if things get started and there is clear consent a "point of no return" has been reached.

This is the problem on college campuses these days and the "date rape" thing. Women get the benefit of every doubt and guys can get their lives totally ruined. IMHO, there has to be accountability on the part of the female.
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2018 at 8:40:29 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
Strange I do not remember hearing of her. Has she done anything besides books?

She was probably the leading feminist spokesperson at her peak long before the current batch of feminists. The current feminists are aghast at her now since she is telling them they have strayed far from the path. Google her and you can find tons on her.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 27th, 2018 at 8:46:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
She was probably the leading feminist spokesperson at her peak long before the current batch of feminists. The current feminists are aghast at her now since she is telling them they have strayed far from the path. Google her and you can find tons on her.

Just surprised she didn't do any guest spots on FNC or the like. Feminists are one of those groups where if you put your baby toe off the plantation they will disown you. I'll google later.
The President is a fink.
April 27th, 2018 at 9:03:09 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I have to say, I am shocked. Teenage girls cuddling up to teenage boys to fool around, but not intending to go all the way is normal. Knocking a teenage girl to the floor and demanding sex is criminal. It's really that simple.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 27th, 2018 at 9:33:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO

But to the substance of the matter, him hitting you defines the guy's character. Good for you that you ended that relationship right then. But I understand AZ's comments. My ex and I decades ago were discussing the Mike Tyson rape case. We both agreed that if you are a single woman and go to MT's hotel room after partying all night and it's 2am and you are surprised he is expecting sex from you then you live in an alternative universe. Was it rape by our legal standards? Obviously yes as he was convicted.

Our standards now allow a woman to say no at any point in the process. But you don't see how leading a guy on just to BE ABLE to say no at the last second is wrong? Not criminal, but just wrong.

So I suppose some salesperson could argue that you bought something where you did everything but refused to put a signature on a document confirming the sale. He showed up. He seemed intent on buying it. We talked over an hour.

Naw. No way. You're wrong.

Duffman's argument is just rapist poppycock and the very definition of "When I have no self-control and do something to assault someone, society can't do anything to me." type, useful for any other situation where no agreement was made. Doesn't matter if the salesman lets you have a condo for the weekend. All that preparation. His risk,
'till you sign.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2018 at 9:47:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Just a short quote from Germaine Greer and her latest book

I could care less what Germaine Greer has to say
Never listened to her before.
Why should I listen now?
Just one of a gazillion opinions.

No means No
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"