Page 2 of 3<123>
April 24th, 2018 at 11:55:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I blame the invention of the wheel.
Ban all wheels.

Even Roulette wheels?

But seriously, the guy drove off a road and onto a sidewalk. Shouldn't we blame the company that made the road?
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2018 at 12:01:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I don't think conservatives understand logic
Gun control does not equate to banning all guns
sheesh

By the way we do have vehicle control.
Cant drive without the Govt's permission
Should be the same for guns. Cant buy without the Govt's permission because background needs to be checked
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 24th, 2018 at 1:13:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
But seriously, the guy drove off a road and onto a sidewalk.
Reading a little of this guys back story, he seems like a candidate to have been taking SSRI's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 24th, 2018 at 1:14:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
Nope, talking to that pimp working that kid prostitute
lol
Sorry got Pet and Ken mixed up
hehe, it didn't feel like I was in the response? lol
April 24th, 2018 at 1:17:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You know anything about this, Petro. It's an Arizona news report.

My first impressions are good. But it's the first time I've seen it. I could see it being a pretty useful alternative.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2018 at 1:46:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
You know anything about this, Petro. It's an Arizona news report.

My first impressions are good. But it's the first time I've seen it. I could see it being a pretty useful alternative.

That's the first time I've seen this. I disagree that the cops "only have a firearm or taser" , they have some killer pepper spray and also a baton. Look at a patrolmans belt, there might be a place to mount one more thing on him?

This might be a viable solution for some people? It seems like they could also make less lethal rounds for firearms as well? I know my first two rounds coming out are bird shot. They won't kill, and won't go through the sheet rock in our house, so no danger of going down the street and hurting a neighbor.

In the three times in my life where a firearm prevented me from being harmed, I never actually had to point it at the perp. Just the fact that I had it, in my hand and the look that I would use it, defused the situations. No way do I want to shoot anybody. This device looks like it could be uparmed to carry at least 6 shots, which I think would be better if using a non lethal weapon. You still have to hit the bad guy.

What happens when you hit someone with it? Is it like rubber bullets?
April 24th, 2018 at 8:16:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
Why do you even say these things?

That is not following the logic of the anti-gun people, it is providing a strawman argument of "anything that kills people needs to be banned" which is not their position.

To point out the fallacy of the unproven theory that restricting guns will reduce violence and deaths. Those that want to kill people will always find a way. Now we have a movement to restrict knives because they can hurt people. Is that movement another "strawman"? Or does that movement show the truth to the fact that once one step is successful the people that were successful will always find one more step to take.

Look at MADD, it was once an organization trying to reduce the number of deaths caused by drinking and driving. The numbers they pushed were always somewhat suspect but there is not doubt the number of drinking and driving deaths has been substantially reduced, and who would not say that is a good thing. MADD is still not happy with the results and has basically become a temperance organization who's real goal is ban alcohol. One of their pushes now is to put cancer warnings on booze. Why should we assume that the same progression would not happen once any first steps of gun control are taken.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 24th, 2018 at 8:56:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
TThose that want to kill people will always find a way. .

In that case, more guns won't do anything but increase accidental shootings and cause more deaths and injuries among both gun owners and anyone who comes into contact with guns, whether they be given, borrowed or stolen and distributed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2018 at 2:43:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
In that case, more guns won't do anything but increase accidental shootings and cause more deaths and injuries among both gun owners and anyone who comes into contact with guns, whether they be given, borrowed or stolen and distributed.

By that logic, more cars on the road will just lead to more accidents and deaths.

You don't want a gun in your home, don't buy any. It has been pointed out that most gun deaths are suicides. A huge proportion of gun deaths are gang violence against other gang members. So don't join a gang.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2018 at 5:19:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
[link-=http://reason.com/archives/2018/04/24/londoners-embrace-knife-control]British Politicians Declare War on Knives

Quote:
A flurry of recent headlines reveal that London now has a higher murder rate than New York City, a metropolis of nearly identical population and one long considered more vulnerable to crime. "London police investigated more murders than their New York counterparts did over the last two months," Reuters reported earlier this month. "In the latest bloodshed, a 17-year-old girl died on Monday after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham, north London, a day after a man was fatally stabbed in south London."

Even the cops do not have guns in London. Yet there is this high murder rate. To those who ask, "Why would you start a thread like this?" THIS is why. Liberals can grab every gun in existence, yet humans will find a way to violence if they try.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 3<123>