Killing Eve BBC/AMC series

April 29th, 2018 at 4:38:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I've enjoyed it so far....'bout fifty percent thru season one. It was picked up for a season two even before the first episode aired.

I am presently reading one of the four novellas on which the series is based and I see a great deal of cinematic alterations from the novella. Some interesting speculation on why such elaborate deviations were filmed.

Its sort of a Loyal Wife versus Black Widow fascination.

The first three episodes start on BBCAmerica or AMC channel in a few minutes so I better start slapping the TV set to get it working by 8:00am.
May 15th, 2018 at 11:29:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Drawing near the end of season one now.
Its been interesting as an amoral black widow versus loyal wife out to save the world type thing.
A bit better in the four novellas than in film though.
May 15th, 2018 at 11:29:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
In briefly reviewing some of the story line discrepancies between the textual version and the video version, I can see sensible reasons for many of them if for no other reason than its far easier to depict a murder in a dimly lit night club than in a totally dark alley. There is also a difference between killing off a major character via a noble act rather than via a one night stand with a pickup of a transsexual prostitute in a dive bar.
September 7th, 2018 at 10:50:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
After hugely successful run on AMC, the first season will make its BBC debut and then immediately be available on BBC's I-player as well as pay for play YouTube and other low cost outlets.
September 18th, 2018 at 6:35:00 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Sandra Oh, Canadian actress of Korean descent, did not win at the Emmy awards but it seems that the actress's mother created quite a stir amongst the attendees, the press and the Korean community by appearing on the Red Carpet wearing a hanbok, a garment of traditional Korean dress.
May 17th, 2019 at 5:16:30 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Was playing channel roulette ad saw 'killimg eve' was Sundays at 8;00p Eastern, but couldn't tell if it was season one or two.