The legend of Fortnite the money machine.

May 5th, 2018 at 11:15:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Granted I know almost nothing about games played for fun.

Saw a story on "Fortnite" apparently a free to play game that is making 223 million dollars in one month from in-game purchases. Month, not year.

100 people dropped on a island (virtually) battle it out until only 1 survives. I guess that's the definition of genius marketing.

Do you play it?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 6th, 2018 at 3:51:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I downloaded it and played one game just to check it out
its all right
Another game where you have to put in a lot of time to get good
I'm not willing to put in that time

I play Zelda Breath of the Wild
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 6th, 2018 at 4:19:17 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
There are well over a million players world wide and the game does feature microtranactions involving in-game currency but I doubt that Game Dollars actually cost a dollar since such in game currencies are usually either free or a modest sum such as five actual dollars for several thousand "dollars'' in game currency.

Its won prizes for its graphics and seems to be a popular game but I doubt its pulling in millions of REAL dollars. Sells for about seventy dollars.
May 6th, 2018 at 6:23:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff

Its won prizes for its graphics and seems to be a popular game but I doubt its pulling in millions of REAL dollars. Sells for about seventy dollars.

I thought the graphics were somewhat cheesy
Building structures, which takes seconds, is real cheesy.
What I hate about these games is the lack of realism
You can build a structure in seconds and everybody is bouncing around
t just looks dumb, all the bouncing
You run from point A to Point B, probably get killed
You bounce up an down to travel, probably survive because you are a tougher target but it looks dumb
I played the Fortnite version where a 100 players parachute or glide to an island, last man standing wins
It was free to download and free to play
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 6th, 2018 at 12:38:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
That's kind of the way I look at Minecraft, but it's more imagination, I imagine, not real images. But that's been very popular.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2018 at 2:41:28 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The game just made the local news as so appealing to teenagers that game time is being used as "bribe money" to get teenagers to do their schoolwork and household chores.