Wedding photos you can't show your babushka

May 21st, 2018 at 6:46:57 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
Oh well,
is their attitude, sucks to be you.

Yup. Such arrogance and self-righteousness. At least some Christians, like FrG, put an emphasis on feeding and clothing the poor, as Jesus commanded.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 21st, 2018 at 7:23:19 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I never said you were going to hell. I don't think you actually believe hell exists anyways. So why do you care?
May 21st, 2018 at 7:34:38 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
You as a non believer thinking you can categorize and define what others think and believe is the height of self righteous arrogance. Stop putting words in my mouth and knocking down straw men of your own creation. I posted an explanation of Gods working His will through Lot and Abraham and you can't grasp it, well that is not my problem. You must stand on your own two feet and make up your own mind. Sorry that's the way the world works.
May 21st, 2018 at 7:58:17 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: pew
I never said you were going to hell.

That's all you needed to say. I had you pegged as a "Jesus or hell" Christian. My apologies getting your position wrong.
May 21st, 2018 at 8:32:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
And you don't remember what else
I do because you have no memory,
as I have pointed out dozens of
times. You repeat yourself like a
broken record because you have
no idea you've already said the
exact same thing 2 dozen times.

And you do think atheists are scum,
gimme a break. You really don't
remember 3 years of almost daily
conversations, do you.

Wow Bob, you don't remember a post of mine from a week ago and you grill about 3 years ago?
I do remember those conversations from awhile ago. You hadn't yet driven off Nareed and many others and I was shown clearly that there are many atheists who are good people and honestly searching for truth. There are some on this forum today. Just because you can't ever be wrong doesn't mean the rest of ua can't have our minds changed. Take a lesson from the Wizard and pew.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 8:33:41 PM permalink
FrGamble
That's how they all are. It's an exclusive club.
'Many are called, few are chosen' Jesus said.
Every Xtion believes he's one of the 'chosen',
of course, and the rest are out of luck. Oh well,
is their attitude, sucks to be you.

This is the exact opposite of Christianity. What you believe Christianity to be is a mockery of it and I hate what you think Christianity to be more than you do!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 8:38:56 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Wizard
Yup. Such arrogance and self-righteousness. At least some Christians, like FrG, put an emphasis on feeding and clothing the poor, as Jesus commanded.

He commanded us to love God and love our neighbor as ourselves. He also commanded us to "Go and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The feeding and clothing the poor is a natural thing to do if we follow the above. However, make no mistake about it - what the Lord commanded is to do is to teach people that God has become man and invites us into a personal relationship with Him to save us from our sins and so that we can find true and lasting joy in this world and for all eternity.
May 21st, 2018 at 8:57:03 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: FrGamble
He commanded us to love God and love our neighbor as ourselves. He also commanded us to "Go and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The feeding and clothing the poor is a natural thing to do if we follow the above. However, make no mistake about it - what the Lord commanded is to do is to teach people that God has become man and invites us into a personal relationship with Him to save us from our sins and so that we can find true and lasting joy in this world and for all eternity.

I have no problem with that, as it is positively based. The "Jesus or hell" message is a huge turn off with me and will get an angry response.
May 21st, 2018 at 8:58:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
what the Lord commanded is to do is to teach people that God has become man and invites us into a personal relationship with Him to save us from our sins

And if the invitation doesn't work, you
forced them into accepting like you did
with the Jews. And if the forced conversion
didn't work, you returned and tortured
them into converting. Yeah, that's a swell
'god' you got there. The only reason
you don't do this now is law and society
prevents it.

If we have a corporation that poisons
people on purpose, we put them out
of business and throw their products
away. If we have a religion that tortures
and kills people, we just wait till they
stop and we don't talk about it anymore.
What's wrong with this picture?

You end up with a culture that coddles
and hides their pedophile priests because
that's what they do, they get away with
everything. They don't think the same
rules apply to them, they're 'gods' holy
people. When they use the outhouse,
not only doesn't it stink but they hear
the sound of angels singing..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 9:12:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Again Bob you are describing something we would both be in agreement about. Unfortunately for you what you are describing is a bigoted exaggeration and a myth that only exists in your mind.