Wedding photos you can't show your babushka

Page 14 of 17« First<11121314151617>
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:52:36 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Dalex64
This sounds a lot like "Jesus or Hell" to me.

Me too.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 22nd, 2018 at 6:16:08 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
This sounds a lot like "Jesus or Hell" to me.
I was saying you have heard, you're not an Alaskan Eskimo in the year 675. That's what heaping coals means. You've been told, you don't have the excuse "well I never heard the truth". Gods grace is a free gift for anyone who wants to avail themselves of it. As far as hell goes I don't have a clue what it really is about, a physical place, a state of being, a spiritual place? I'm not sure except I think it will be out of Gods presence. You can't say I don't like it therefore it doesn't exist any more than you can say I don't like cancer so that lump on my breast doesn't exist or I don't want to die I don't believe in death
May 22nd, 2018 at 6:25:38 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Wizard
Me too.
If it is "Jesus or hell" do you really think you have the power to do anything about it? It all really comes down to whether God is an actuality. A believer arguing with a non believer can only go so far before it gets stupid eg. evenbob and frg as a wonderful example. And as far as respecting your belief, what am I supposed to do? Hold a gun to your head or give you nuggies untill you say Jesus? I don't think that would help you at all.
May 22nd, 2018 at 7:22:55 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
But it's what he said and what he
meant and you know it. Many
will be called, but only those
who've kept their noses the
furthest up Jesus arse will
be the ones sitting by his side
in heaven. That's what the myth
boils down to. All the 'god'
religions are like this, the most
zealous are always the most
rewarded. Heck, one of the
god religions showers the
faithful with virgins in heaven
if he's been a good boy. What
he's supposed to do with them
is a mystery.

I love how you have such ignorance mixed with so much confidence. You sound like a little kid on the playground parroting what he heard from his parents as unquestionably truth. Jesus said many times throughout the Scriptures that I have come not be served, but serve. That the greatest among you must be the least and the servant of all. I could go on and on.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 22nd, 2018 at 7:30:30 AM permalink
FrGamble
At it's start, Christianity was small, regional, and dependant on one culture and religion.

Everything is right except the "dependent" part. Christianity is unique in that it was not dependent or licked into any one culture. Even its dependence on Judaism didn't last through the Acts of the Apostles. Because of the early persecutions the faith spread far and wide. Basically anywhere there are human beings and a desire to be in a loving and life changing relationship with God who is love, there is Christianity.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 22nd, 2018 at 8:01:17 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: pew
If it is "Jesus or hell" do you really think you have the power to do anything about it?

Even the bible says that god does the choosing.

Quote: Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Granted, there are other verses you could stack on the other side of the free will/predetermination debate, but it just goes to show another question you can cherry pick verses to support either side.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 22nd, 2018 at 11:43:08 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Wizard

Granted, there are other verses you could stack on the other side of the free will/predetermination debate, but it just goes to show another question you can cherry pick verses to support either side.

The problem in particular with cherry picking the verse you and Evenbob have mentioned over and over is that you are not taking into account the context. That verse comes at the end of one of Jesus' parables about a wedding feast that those who were invited refused to come. So the king goes out and literally invites EVERYONE from the highways and byways. Then when the king who fills the hall with everyone who was invited sees someone not wearing a wedding garment he throws him out and says, "For many are called, but few are chosen." This wedding garment in the parable symbolizes repentance and conversion of heart, if you don't have that then the party is not for you. However, the point is that everyone is invited. Christianity is the opposite of an exclusive club, it is an invitation for everyone to receive. However, we do have to accept it and try to live it out.
May 22nd, 2018 at 11:58:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
it is an invitation for everyone to receive.

Who said it wasn't. But the whole
point of 'few are chosen' is that
'few' will live up to what your awful
god demands of them and they
will be SOL.

It's a common ploy. In business they
might promise you a big bonus in
3 months if you work hard and deliver
the goods. The Marines slogan for
recruiting for years has been 'The Few
The Proud". It's meant to imply that
many may join but only the best become
Marines.

The NT says it because they want
people to toe the line. It's all about psychology
of suckers, how to get the most out of
people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2018 at 12:13:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
You sound like a little kid on the playground parroting what he heard from his parents as

You know why I don't like you and
almost loathe you after 3.5 years
of conversation? You're constant
deriding and belittling, here and
in PM's. It's why I blocked you, so
I can't get PM's from you anymore.

You can't just disagree, you always
have to make it personal. You always
have to throw in some dig at my
intelligence or my personality. I was
wondering the other day why, after
all our conversations, we aren't
friends. That's the reason, you just
can't help being superior, it's who
you are what they taught you.

Now you'll turn it back on me
somehow, that's what you do. You
really can't stop yourself, you have
no control over it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2018 at 12:16:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Basically anywhere there are human beings and a desire to be in a loving and life changing relationship with God who is love, there is Christianity.

No. Everywhere they pushed in and
toppled the various pagan religions,
and forced Xtionity on the population,
there is Xtionity. It's well documented
how the early church expanded and
grew its wealth, it was thru force
and confiscation and destruction of
property belonging to other religions.
That's a fact.
Page 14 of 17« First<11121314151617>