Wedding photos you can't show your babushka

May 21st, 2018 at 12:26:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
I'll stick with Lee Marvin's line: There is enough room in Hell for all of us.
I loved him in Cat Ballou

The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2018 at 12:42:16 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Dalex64
You mean the stories about Jesus written decades after his death showing how he fulfilled the prophecies?

Yes, I mean the truths about Jesus that were part of the oral tradition and teaching of the Church from the first moments of Christianity till they were written down decades after His death.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 3:06:31 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Wizard
I do not share either interpretation. Time and time again we see in the bible that god has no respect for human life.
Of course you don't. Non believers by definition don't believe. I'm just pointing out the facts of the case. you can reject it at your own risk. you've now been told. It's up to you now. Heap coals on your head or not. It's entirely up to you.
May 21st, 2018 at 3:41:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Time and time again we see in the bible that god has no respect for human life.

That's because there is no god, only
men having no respect for other men.
It can be read no other way.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 3:45:09 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: pew
It's up to you now. Heap coals on your head or not. It's entirely up to you.

One of the best reasons to not convert to Christianity is to not be on the same team as people like you. Do all Christians make statements this arrogant and self righteous? "I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell -- nyah nyah na nyah nyah." If heaven is full of people like you, I'll take hell.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 21st, 2018 at 3:49:41 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
One of the best reasons to not convert to Christianity is to not be on the same team as people like you. Do all Christians make statements this arrogant and self righteous? "I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell -- nyah nyah na nyah nyah." If heaven is full of people like you, I'll take hell.

You might like Catholic Heaven:

“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 4:18:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Do all Christians make statements this arrogant and self righteous? "I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell -- nyah nyah na nyah nyah."

Pretty much. FrG said to me right on
this forum that he'd been with missionaries
in MX helping people, what HELL had
I been doing lately.

Yes, he capitalized 'hell'. Xtions love to
rub their supposed superiority into
others faces.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 4:35:06 PM permalink
pew
Please explain why telling you that it's your decision whether to believe or not is entirely up to you an arrogant statement. I wish I could do it for you but I can't. I can only be responsible for myself, not my kids, not my wife, brother, mother, sister, evenbob, nobody. You come into this world alone and with nothing and you go out the same way. All I can do is tell you the truth. What you do with it is up to you and you alone.
May 21st, 2018 at 4:39:19 PM permalink
pew
By the way, "I'll take hell" is your decision and I respect that choice.
May 21st, 2018 at 4:42:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: pew
Please explain why telling you that it's your decision whether to believe or not is entirely up to you an arrogant statement. I wish I could do it for you but I can't. I can only be responsible for myself, not my kids, not my wife, brother, mother, sister, evenbob, nobody. You come into this world alone and with nothing and you go out the same way. All I can do is tell you the truth. What you do with it is up to you and you alone.

In other words, "I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell -- nyah nyah na nyah nyah."
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber