Did god create the sun twice? (split-off)

Page 3 of 5<12345>
May 30th, 2018 at 11:27:14 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
And who was the one farting? God of course.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 31st, 2018 at 1:28:03 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void

So was Earth merely a gas floating around willy-nilly? or, if it was only water, and we know water takes the form of whatever it is placed in, was it water merely floating in space? what about the inner core, outer core, mantle - was this merely water as well?

To me, Genesis is merely man's attempt at making sense of a world he did not understand at the time (as compared to our understanding of it in the modern age)
May 31st, 2018 at 1:31:06 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: Wizard
I'm still waiting for somebody to please explain this light source that god made to divide the day from night before creating the sun.

Molten lava..............

Can't be, because firmament was not created until Genesis 1:6
May 31st, 2018 at 2:46:04 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: aceofspades
To me, Genesis is merely man's attempt at making sense of a world he did not understand at the time (as compared to our understanding of it in the modern age)

Of course. That is what any rational personal would think. The bible also says the earth is flat and supported on pillars. I think anyone who takes the creation story literally should be consistent and join the Flat Earth Society.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 31st, 2018 at 3:11:19 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: aceofspades
So was Earth merely a gas floating around willy-nilly? or, if it was only water, and we know water takes the form of whatever it is placed in, was it water merely floating in space? what about the inner core, outer core, mantle - was this merely water as well?

Are you saying you understand the world? If so please explain it to the seven billion or so dummies out here.
June 1st, 2018 at 5:04:57 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: pew
Are you saying you understand the world? If so please explain it to the seven billion or so dummies out here.

June 2nd, 2018 at 5:54:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
Wow, it is not often you can get a Christian to say this bible isn't absolutely correct and inerrant in all aspects, including science and history. Catholicism is looking better and better, FrG.

I am not sure what Catholic teaching is about inerrancy. Personally, I think arguing that every statement is inerrant is counterproductive, like did Methuselah really live until the age of 969.

“Since therefore all that the inspired authors or sacred writers affirm should be regarded as affirmed by the Holy Spirit, we must acknowledge that the books of Scripture firmly, faithfully, and without error teach that truth which God, for the sake of our salvation, wished to see confided to the Sacred Scriptures” (CCC 107, quoting the Vatican II document Dei Verbum 11).

But when a synod of bishops devoted to “The Word of God in the Life and Mission of the Church” met under Pope Benedict XVI’s direction in 2008, its working paper included the statement, “[T]he following can be said with certainty . . . with regards to what might be inspired in the many parts of Sacred Scripture, inerrancy applies only to ‘that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings for the sake of salvation’ (DV 11).”
June 2nd, 2018 at 5:59:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
‘that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings for the sake of salvation’ (DV 11).”

Just another 'blame it on god' cop out.
When in doubt make it some gods
fault. How can you go wrong when
there is no god that can defend
himself.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2018 at 6:36:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Paco thanks for the great quote.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 2nd, 2018 at 6:45:16 PM permalink
aceofspades
For this believers out there, what is your rationale for dismissing the Greek and Roman Gods?
Page 3 of 5<12345>