Quote: Evenbob
My grandpa would grab a terrified
chicken by their legs and chop off
their head on a chopping block.
The dead chicken would run around
with no head for at least 30 seconds.

There is no ungruesome way to kill
a bird in captivity.
It's the collective fecal bath that the plant runs them through that is grizzly.

Like the link shows, hang them upside down until they are calm, then an oyster knife through the brain works well.

Sometimes a guy misses with the chopping block method.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 2nd, 2018 at 8:37:25 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
Why wouldn't your cousin encourage you to take her boyfriend to a restaurant with scantily clad waitresses so that he could stuff himself with pure fat?

I know you're joking, but for one thing she is in the health care industry, for another he was quite a bit overweight to start with, and finally she was still getting over this first fun little bet we did before. She had nothing to fear about the scantily clad waitresses. Christopher is very loyal. I don't think he even stole any glances while they were bending over -- unlike me.

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CX5U4_JLiI
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 2nd, 2018 at 9:00:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
she was still getting over this first fun little bet we did before..

The really hard part looks like the chewing and swallowing without throwing up. I think I could probably stuff in a whole hamburger (we used to do it as teenagers) but I could never chew it and get small enough pieces to swallow.

She had nothing to fear about the scantily clad waitresses. Christopher is very loyal. I don't think he even stole any glances while they were bending over -- unlike me.

Looking at scantily clad woman has nothing to do with loyalty. It's just biology. My friends who worked in bars were very careful to do a strategic bend right around the time that the tip was being handed out.

The next best thing is when the guy brings in a business client. You grab his arm, and giggle at what he says, then you bend over. He is so grateful that he looks good in front of his business client that he leaves a big tip and returns with a new client on future days.
June 2nd, 2018 at 10:27:04 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
This is Christopher, my cousin's boyfriend. He was hoping to get a chicken wing challenge going here but it never gained much traction...

I thought he had a health issue that kept him from pursuing a challenge? If he is up for it, I think there would be enough interest to make it worth his while...

I used to like hot wings, but there is a chinese take out place by my house that makes crazy good deep fried crispy wings seasoned with garlic salt. They are so good but so bad for you.
June 2nd, 2018 at 11:39:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I know you're joking, but for one thing

I'm not clicking the video, not even
tempted. Just the sight of the
guy is enough for me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2018 at 5:44:37 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Ayecarumba
I thought he had a health issue that kept him from pursuing a challenge? If he is up for it, I think there would be enough interest to make it worth his while...

There will be no more challenges from him for medical reasons. That is all I feel comfortable saying.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 3rd, 2018 at 5:09:17 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
B&B? Whoszat?

I used to like Brennan's in Clarence, but Buffalo Brew Pub across the street (but in Amherst) is where we usually hit if I am up there due to location and beer selection. That place is a license to print money.
I

I live walking distance from those two. There are 10 new places with better beer selection in a 3 mile radius now.
June 3rd, 2018 at 5:22:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
That place is a license to print money.

Most neighborhood bars are.
Low overhead and huge profits.
But it comes with a price, you
have to deal with drunks all
day and there's a huge chance
you'll become one yourself.
I got out when I saw the certainty
of that.

Have you ever seen a neighborhood
bar go bankrupt? All you need is
15 regular daily customers and you
will make a profit. Most bars have
4-5 times that many.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2018 at 5:43:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Most neighborhood bars are.
Low overhead and huge profits.
But it comes with a price, you
have to deal with drunks all
day and there's a huge chance
you'll become one yourself.
I got out when I saw the certainty
of that.

Have you ever seen a neighborhood
bar go bankrupt? All you need is
15 regular daily customers and you
will make a profit. Most bars have
4-5 times that many.

It is far from a neighborhood bar. It is a large brew pub. I have seen a few go out of business. Guy I knew had one said you made a living but that was it, the real money was in the "bar district" places. His place was away from said bar district. Which BTW is one of the densest ones in the USA.

Met a guy on a cruise was in AA and owned 6 bars. He went 1-2 times a month and got his end, the rest he was on vacations. He said either you do not touch booze or you become a full-blown drunk. The bar version of "don't get high on your own supply."
The President is a fink.
June 3rd, 2018 at 6:19:00 PM permalink
Evenbob

He said either you do not touch booze or you become a full-blown drunk. The bar version of "don't get high on your own supply."

There is no middle ground, you're a
drunk or totally sober. I drove home
drunk for the last year I was there
and I was only 32. I would have made
it to 40 if I was lucky. It's a huge
influence being around drunks all
day. I always called BS on Sam Malone
being an owner/bartender and sober.
Every owner I knew was an alcoholic.

Beer joints are iffy. No money in beer,
it's all in hard stuff. I had two brands
of bottled beer, Coors and Bud. Liquor
was what they drank, the markup was
1200%.
Page 4 of 5<12345>