Share your good deed for the day

Page 1 of 3123>
June 15th, 2018 at 9:19:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The Boy Scouts back in the day used to have a concept of doing your good deed for the day. Lets share when ours go above and beyond the usual.

Was on my way to a job interview, went down my alley and started up the road. Girl gets out of a car so I had to wait. Then it looks like she was trying to get my attention. I crawl forward and she is trying harder.

I wait as she runs up to my car. Something looks wrong, I am thinking maybe I ran over her dog and didn't realize it. Turns out she left her purse in an Uber and is near tears over it. I motion her to jump in and catch up to the guy. Flashing lights and honking, trying to get his attention without looking like some kind of dangerous nut.

Bout a mile he gets the message and pulls over. She gets out and presumable all is well. I just leave, my good deed done.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2018 at 10:44:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
While in bed with my wife this morning, i rolled over and passed gas in the opposite direction of my wife.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 15th, 2018 at 11:58:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
The Boy Scouts back in the day used to have a concept of doing your good deed for the day.

I actually prefer the Boy Scouts idea to the "pay it forward" idea. Although, my good deeds are not planned daily. More like, see something, do something.

Done no good deeds yet today, not even to the level of DRich.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2018 at 12:08:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I actually prefer the Boy Scouts idea to the "pay it forward" idea. Although, my good deeds are not planned daily. More like, see something, do something.

I would not say they should be planned, just having it in your mind makes you want to help.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2018 at 12:41:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I don't get away from the house
much, too much to do here in
the summer. My opportunity
for good deeds is really limited.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 16th, 2018 at 7:31:20 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I think the idea from the Scouts was that you resolved to do a good deed every day, but only you needed to know about it. You had a coin in one pocket and, once the deed was done, transferred it to the other pocket.

I think the point was similar to the philosophy of making your bed every morning. You are intended to build a habit of looking for ways to make the world a small bit better and act on it, for your own self-satisfaction and character building.

Not intending to kill the thread. ...
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
June 16th, 2018 at 8:10:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
I think the idea from the Scouts was that you resolved to do a good deed every day, but only you needed to know about it. You had a coin in one pocket and, once the deed was done, transferred it to the other pocket.

When I was in, there was no code of secrecy. You did not announce it, but you might mention it.

Idea of the thread is to see some good in humanity.
The President is a fink.
June 16th, 2018 at 9:33:17 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
AZ, I just wanted to say that was a really nice good deed you did for that woman. Anything that shows the good of humanity is a great thing and much needed.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 16th, 2018 at 1:45:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: FrGamble
AZ, I just wanted to say that was a really nice good deed you did for that woman. Anything that shows the good of humanity is a great thing and much needed.

Thanks. Hopefully they entered it on the blockchain up in heaven, crediting my account.
The President is a fink.
June 16th, 2018 at 3:09:35 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I haven't done one since this thread started, but looking for an opportunity.

A friend is hitting me up for a "financial blessing," but I feel like this person thinks of me as a money tree.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 1 of 3123>