Share your good deed for the day

Page 2 of 3<123>
June 16th, 2018 at 4:03:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Wizard
I haven't done one since this thread started, but looking for an opportunity.

A friend is hitting me up for a "financial blessing," but I feel like this person thinks of me as a money tree.

I will allow you to financially bless me for only 50% of what he is asking for.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 16th, 2018 at 8:11:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I haven't done one since this thread started, but looking for an opportunity.

A friend is hitting me up for a "financial blessing," but I feel like this person thinks of me as a money tree.

FWIW, I don't put a gift of cash in quite the same league. I like to do a "deed." An act. Keep looking, it will come.
The President is a fink.
June 16th, 2018 at 8:22:57 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
FWIW, I don't put a gift of cash in quite the same league. I like to do a "deed." An act. Keep looking, it will come.

I'll try to do you proud.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 17th, 2018 at 7:05:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
a "financial blessing,"

anyone using an expression like that would have zero chance of getting a nickel out of me
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 17th, 2018 at 7:18:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
apologies to AZ, maybe I should explain

Some years ago I was venting to a close friend about people who I felt were real pricks [work related]. He reminded me that sometimes maybe the person complaining forgets he is the one who is the prick. It shocked me he would say that and forced a re-examination.

So maybe I'm too much of a dick. So I've been embracing my inner no good son of a bitch instead now since retirement. I like it. No chance of posting anything here.

not my birthday, but if it was,

June 17th, 2018 at 8:00:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: odiousgambit

Some years ago I was venting to a close friend about people who I felt were real pricks [work related]. He reminded me that sometimes maybe the person complaining forgets he is the one who is the prick. It shocked me he would say that and forced a re-examination.

]

My spin on that is if you are having a bad day and everyone you meet is a prick then likely there is only one prick and you can find him in the mirror.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 18th, 2018 at 8:22:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
well, that was nearly a conversation ender and I guess I should admit it was partially tongue in cheek

just partially though

if I was 'on trial' for being an SOB I can think of a few people who [I would hope] would defend me. But it would be a bad idea for me to testify myself?

I've thought about volunteering for this and that, but can't seem to pull the trigger. I'd feel bad about it except, well, embracing that inner guy helps ward that off !!
June 18th, 2018 at 9:32:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

I've thought about volunteering for this and that, but can't seem to pull the trigger. I'd feel bad about it except, well, embracing that inner guy helps ward that off !!

If I had the time I would consider driving for Meals on Wheels. Heard a podcast about them and they seem like a pretty good charity. Not like United Way or other very top-heavy fundraise-to-keep-fundraising places. Very flexible. And I like doing work alone. My other choice would be the dog pound, but might kill me seeing what happens there.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2018 at 2:00:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
June 24th, 2018 at 2:04:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I was nice to my dog, and made salmon
cakes for myself. Good deeds.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 3<123>