ams288
Threads: 29
All the boys and the coach are out now.

And we can all move on with our lives.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 10th, 2018 at 7:38:44 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
It is now being reported that the boy were given 'anti-anxiety' medicine. Exact drug not specified. Kudos to the whoever laid out the logistics of this rescue, extremely professional.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 10th, 2018 at 12:58:33 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: kenarman
It is now being reported that the boy were given 'anti-anxiety' medicine. Exact drug not specified. Kudos to the whoever laid out the logistics of this rescue, extremely professional.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

It did cost a life. One of the rescue divers ran out of air and drowned. What will the coach say to this man’s family?
July 10th, 2018 at 1:37:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Ayecarumba
It did cost a life. One of the rescue divers ran out of air and drowned. What will the coach say to this man’s family?

If I was one of the parents, I'd probably be ready to strangle him if my kid didn't make it out, but if he got out unhurt I might literally blow it off out of relief. Although he wouldn't be the kid's coach any longer.

I bet the coach didn't know about the death until he got outside. That's going to weigh on him quite a bit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2018 at 3:02:53 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
If I was one of the parents, I'd probably be ready to strangle him if my kid didn't make it out, but if he got out unhurt I might literally blow it off out of relief. Although he wouldn't be the kid's coach any longer.

I bet the coach didn't know about the death until he got outside. That's going to weigh on him quite a bit.

If I was one of the parents after I blasted the coach for going into the cave when it was unsafe I would hug him and thank him for keeping the kids ahead of the water and safe as well as keeping them mentally together until they were found. If the parents knew ahead of time that the team was going into the cave, then they also share some of blame for going in when it wasn't safe.
July 11th, 2018 at 5:37:01 PM permalink
kenarman
The news is just coming out about how close it was to disaster. The water was rising and then the main pump failed and the rest of the divers barley got out before the chamber where the boys were was flooded.
July 11th, 2018 at 5:43:08 PM permalink
kenarman
It is now being released that the boy were carried out of the cave on stretchers and barely conscious. They didn't walk/swim out under their own power.
July 11th, 2018 at 7:45:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It is now being released that the boy were carried out of the cave on stretchers and barely conscious. They didn't walk/swim out under their own power.

Then they probably have no memory of the trip out. Put the mask on them, hope you keep a good seal during the movement, and hope it wasn't flooded or they vomited on the way out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 12th, 2018 at 12:47:19 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89

I thought they only got carried on stretchers from the time they left the water to the time they were placed on a helicopter, a total of 2 minutes.
The report I heard was that each boy was accompanied by 2 rescue divers. There were some narrow passages to negotiate, so narrow that a diver had to take the tank off their back to squeeze through. I don’t think they could have made it out if the kids were strapped to a litter.

Three of them had pneumonia. I hope they all get well soon.
July 12th, 2018 at 6:59:15 AM permalink
kenarman
It was the media guessing that they swam out. The rescue organizers let that story stand. The divers were all swore to secrecy until they were all out. Check it out with a little research if you want.
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>