Too much social information

August 10th, 2018 at 12:29:35 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

What happened?

A college classmate posted a photo of his hotel bed on facebook. This man is over the age of 60, not a kid. What possesses people to want to share this much information?
August 10th, 2018 at 12:48:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I see this all he time on FB from relatives. They
post inane meaningless pictures of their
boring lives, it somehow makes what they're
doing seem more important than it is. At
least it's not of pic what he had for lunch,
it's usually pics of food. I have sister in
law visiting MT and she posts 40 pics
a day that nobody looks at.

I posted a video today, I have never done
that. It was the first video I shot in 5 years,
before that it was 2000 the last time I shot
a video. And I have a video camera.. I
never post pics of what I do, why verify
my boring existence.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 10th, 2018 at 2:11:16 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

We stayed in a hotel in a converted bullring in Mexico. That makes a good photo, but everyone knows what a hotel bed looks like.
August 10th, 2018 at 6:28:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin

What happened?

Doesn't appear to be any blood all over the sheets or a foot sticking out from underneath. Doesn't even look slept in.

So, I'd say the maid did it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 10th, 2018 at 9:30:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Some people post photos of exotic memorable dinners, some people post photos of Kraft macaroni and cheese mix that they zapped in a microwave.

Sure I'd rather see the photos of some themed meal at a top gourmet restaurant than the mac 'n cheese but some of the people I know can't even afford mac 'n cheese much less a five hundred dollar dinner that sells out within fifteen minutes of the reservations line being opened.

Hotel reviews in Vegas are famous even though all I really want is a room that is clean and quiet. Others want some sort of prestige. Six tvs in the room is better than five tvs. A cutesy little this or that on the pillow can be critical to some people.

Some people post photos of a trip to the beach with the kids. I don't want to see kids at all much less those with dirty faces and sunburn lotion.

A photo of a toll booth line is not really pleasant but people seem to be posting such things.

A photo of a glass of Guinness is nice, throw in a beautiful young woman drinking it and its an even nicer photo. A photo of Budweiser LIght ain't so hot no matter what pulchritude is featured in it.

The fishbowl society has changed and is continuing to change.