Teen stars

August 11th, 2018 at 10:56:04 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Isabela Moner just turned age 17 this summer, and has been performing in public since the age of 10.

At age 16 she starred in an R rated film, which means attendance by those under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.

While I am aware that many adult actors make films for children and more adult films, I wonder if children who grow up watching favorite teen star pressure parents to see them in R Rates films.
August 11th, 2018 at 11:27:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Was it Christina Ricci who played 'Wednesday' in the Adam's Family? Her following probably was quite loyal as she transitioned to other roles.

I don't know if kids want to see a particular star in a movie or just want to see a movie with "real life" in it rather than be stuck with 'visual pablum' all the time.
August 11th, 2018 at 7:24:25 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
In my experience, no. And even if they did have an interest, the vast majority of parents would not allow them to go. The kids will see the pirated film online anyway, so it’s not a big point of conflict.

Back in the day, Phoebe Cates got a lot of teen aged boys in the theaters, but almost all without parents.
August 12th, 2018 at 4:16:47 PM permalink
Pacomartin

Daniel Radcliffe claims to have never seen the Tailor of Panama, his first movie as he was age 10 when the R rated movie was filmed.

But I bet a lot of little girls who grew up with him wanted to see him in Equus when he reached age 17.

Quote: Fleastiff
I don't know if kids want to see a particular star in a movie or just want to see a movie with "real life" in it rather than be stuck with 'visual pablum' all the time.

I think kids are perfectly happy with visual pablum.
August 12th, 2018 at 4:52:12 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I think I get it now. That image is from Dora The Explorer and there is going to be a movie filming in Australia that is basically a live action Dora the Explorer. So did they search around for an actress who looked like Dora or could be made to look like Dora or did the original cartoonists happen to be her parents or something?
August 26th, 2018 at 1:00:02 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Fleastiff
I think I get it now. That image is from Dora The Explorer and there is going to be a movie filming in Australia that is basically a live action Dora the Explorer. So did they search around for an actress who looked like Dora or could be made to look like Dora or did the original cartoonists happen to be her parents or something?

I think the makeup people can do almost anything. Dora the Explorer is a cartoon girl in elementary school. For the movie they aged her to a teenager, so they are not trying to match a cartoon exactly.
Another photo of the actress who just turned age 17 in July 2018.

She says she is too young to see her own movie
August 26th, 2018 at 1:21:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
I think the makeup people can do almost anything. ]

I was just reading about the history
of makeup for women. It's no accident
it's used to make eyes look bigger
and rounder. It's a fact of nature that
large eyes enhance sexual appeal. It's
used in anime to give sexual appeal
to the characters. Works for real women
too.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.