2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 15th, 2020 at 10:48:08 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
The emphasis in your quote is mine

Quote: rxwine

I probably wouldn't argue with your presentation that "we already do that" except for quibbles. For instance, healthcare being the number one cause of bankruptcy in the US. Or people skipping medications because their "right" doesn't provide enough money to support the costs. Or even substituting veterinary drugs. Also, not sure a right should drain your bank account before you qualify for care. That word "subsidize" is tricky also. If I give you $500 off something you still can't afford, it's not much help. The system you support also gives free health care. Hardly something you need to beat the left over.

The Medical Bankruptcy Myth

The truth about medical bankruptcies

Myth and Measurement: The Case of Medical Bankruptcies

Exposing the Myth of Widespread Medical Bankruptcies

Quote:
One of the interesting caveats of this study shows that 78% of filers had some form of health insurance, thus bucking the myth that medical bills affect only the uninsured.

I'm sure that I could disapprove more of your "claims" but I am not going to waste my time and effort.
Let's go Brandon
February 15th, 2020 at 1:53:17 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
February 15th, 2020 at 2:04:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
So she has to snuff him to become President. Hmm.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2020 at 2:52:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Seizing land? That is just the start of it. How about decades of starving them on reservations? Integrating them into society? The Cherokee were all for that. Go to Oklahoma and ask them how that one turned out.

Yeah, I gave ya cancer and all kinds of other problems. Yeah, we told you to jump in that water. Here's some low end health care for us totally destroying your life. All good, eh?

I am talking about having cash on you because maybe you are in a cash business or maybe you just prefer to carry cash and the government outright stealing it just because you have it. Because they "think you are up to no good." I am not talking as part of a crime. I am talking no crime committed. It keeps happening.

I am not talking about eminent domain. I am talking about the government outright reneging on it's word. On using it's own soldiers as test subjects without telling them. About stealing from it's people just because it has the muscle to do so.

You still believe what they taught you in school. I look at reality and real history. The US Government plays for keeps. And it's record is not near as stellar as you think.

Just about everything you said with the exception of civil forfeiture (which is surely what you speak of when you say "think they are up to no good" and take the cash, the burden is on you to prove that the cash is being used legally, and that usually costs more than it is worth (I agree states with these laws need to change), but everything else is in the past.

The fact that we live in a country with such public records, that we can sit here and nitpick various historical flaws shows how superior America is.
February 15th, 2020 at 2:54:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
https://nypost.com/2020/02/15/bloomberg-reportedly-considering-hillary-clinton-as-his-running-mate/

Noe we know why Obama never endorsed
Biden, This makes sense.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2020 at 4:03:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Just about everything you said with the exception of civil forfeiture (which is surely what you speak of when you say "think they are up to no good" and take the cash, the burden is on you to prove that the cash is being used legally, and that usually costs more than it is worth (I agree states with these laws need to change), but everything else is in the past.

The fact that we live in a country with such public records, that we can sit here and nitpick various historical flaws shows how superior America is.

Have you never heard that past behavior indicates future behavior? Also hate to break it to you but the treatment of Indian Reservations is still awful.

Keep up the goo goo belief. The government loves sheep.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2020 at 4:19:23 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The others are doing all the road work while Bloomberg just makes commercials with an actor speaking for him. Won't do any debates because he is of small stature, with a whiny little voice.

Bernie shows Putin who's boss:

February 15th, 2020 at 5:00:50 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Pete B seems to be a real formidable and real possibility of becoming the Next President. And History would be made twice. First Gay President and First First Mister. There has never been a Husband to the President so I am Assuming a President's Husband would be named First Mister or maybe First Husband?
February 15th, 2020 at 8:30:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
https://nypost.com/2020/02/15/bloomberg-reportedly-considering-hillary-clinton-as-his-running-mate/

Hillary was polling in first place 8
weeks ago as the #1 fave for a
Dem candidate. Bloomberg wins,
he steps down 3 months later for
health reasons. He got what he
wanted, get Trump. Hillary gets
what she wants. Too bad their
both such flawed people, it's
a decent plan.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2020 at 12:11:09 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
Bloomberg wins, he steps down 3 months later for health reasons.

Maybe 3 years for his 82nd birthday, so Hillary has 1 year to establish credentials as incumbent. But no way he will do it in 3 months. His ego won't let him.
February 14, 1942 Bloomberg's birth
October 26, 1947 Hillary's birth