1 vote (4.54%)
8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

March 22nd, 2020 at 3:47:28 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Governor Cuomo’s daily press briefings, and his impressive leadership in handling the Covid situation in NYS, has gained a lot of attention and praise. Even from Trump.

He daily press briefings immediately precede Trump’s briefings, and Trump does not measure up.

The puppet masters are watching this.

Cuomo can’t steal the nomination from Biden, but if Biden somehow gets infected, and drops out, the party could draft Cuomo.

FOX

President Cuomo

New York Women
March 22nd, 2020 at 4:03:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Governor Cuomo’s daily press briefings, and his impressive leadership in handling the Covid situation in NYS, has gained a lot of attention and praise. Even from Trump.

He daily press briefings immediately precede Trump’s briefings, and Trump does not measure up.

The puppet masters are watching this.

Cuomo can’t steal the nomination from Biden, but if Biden somehow gets infected, and drops out, the party could draft Cuomo.

FOX

President Cuomo

New York Women

Good VP material
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2020 at 6:35:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Good VP material

He is disqualified from being the VP candidate by Biden's pledge narrowing the candidate field.

This is why narrowing the choices for any position by gender, race, or both is not a good idea. Biden won't be able to nominate a back woman (or any other person) to the Supreme Court--which would I think would happen quickly--if he doesn't win the election. Cuomo is just the kind of VP candidate who has the public eye now, appears to be doing a good job in a bad situation, and would likely be a help in getting votes in November.

Sometimes people appear on the scene that may be worth a look. Cuomo seems today to be better than ANY of the other Democrat candidates for the VP position.
March 22nd, 2020 at 7:05:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
He is disqualified from being the VP candidate by Biden's pledge narrowing the candidate field.

This is why narrowing the choices for any position by gender, race, or both is not a good idea. Biden won't be able to nominate a back woman (or any other person) to the Supreme Court--which would I think would happen quickly--if he doesn't win the election. Cuomo is just the kind of VP candidate who has the public eye now, appears to be doing a good job in a bad situation, and would likely be a help in getting votes in November.

Sometimes people appear on the scene that may be worth a look. Cuomo seems today to be better than ANY of the other Democrat candidates for the VP position.

Just tell Cuomo to identify as a Black female. Problem solved.
The President is a fink.
March 22nd, 2020 at 7:12:33 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: RonC

Yeah, maybe Cuomo would help the dems take New York in November.
March 22nd, 2020 at 7:13:41 AM permalink
pew
Cuomo can't be vice president anyway. He's Italian.
March 22nd, 2020 at 7:28:18 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
Is there some reason I should argue that all the possible applicants will have zero qualifications?

Jovita Carranza (age 70) who was Treasurer for 2.5 years until two months ago seemed eminently competent as she worked her way up from a part-time, night-shift box handler to 26th Administrator of the Small Business Administration.

I think the engineering challenges of producing 6.44 billion pieces of secure paper in a year (about 20 per person in the US) plus billions of coins are unique. I would think someone who had a career in the system would be better suited than an outsider solely chosen from any one demographic group.

$1 2,137,600,000 33.2%
$2 160,000,000 2.5%
$5 736,000,000 11.4%
$10 339,200,000 5.3%
$20 1,356,800,000 21.1%
$50 224,000,000 3.5%
$100 1,484,800,000 23.1%
March 22nd, 2020 at 7:31:18 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Biden should avoid strangers with sniffles.

Cuomo is left of Bernie, and rules NY by fiat, with laws that increased crime 22%, and policies that are seriously threatening the state’s natural gas supply and the real estate market.

Unlike Trump, he rarely allows anyone else to speak during his press conferences. If one of the people beside him has an answer to a question, they tell Cuomo, who delivers it.

The state was expecting a $7 billion deficit this year before Covid-19. Now, they’re blaming it on the virus.

Florida, with no state income tax, and 2 million more people than NY, has budget surpluses, while NY has multi billion dollar deficits every year.
March 22nd, 2020 at 10:08:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko
Biden should avoid strangers with sniffles.

Cuomo is left of Bernie, and rules NY by fiat, with laws that increased crime 22%, and policies that are seriously threatening the state’s natural gas supply and the real estate market.

Unlike Trump, he rarely allows anyone else to speak during his press conferences. If one of the people beside him has an answer to a question, they tell Cuomo, who delivers it.

The state was expecting a $7 billion deficit this year before Covid-19. Now, they’re blaming it on the virus.

Florida, with no state income tax, and 2 million more people than NY, has budget surpluses, while NY has multi billion dollar deficits every year.

No fan of Cuomo. But he is NOT left of Bernie! He broke the public unions in New York State. The pension givebacks in the last contract were startling. The last few years Cuomo has gotten an on time budget passed. And before this year he had a Republican state Senate to deal with.

They were over budget this year like many of the Democrat states that were punished by Trump.

I agree that his policies generally suck, are bad for business, have driven wealthy New Yorkers to Nevada, Florida, etc...
He does rule with an iron fist, and it is a rare Democrat politician that will even remotely try to stand up to him.

I believe I posted a few years back that he would be running for President now. But there are those who think he does not want his personal life laid bare before the nation.

Overall, I think he is doing a pretty good job during this crisis.

I think he would be a President like Obama. Not a fan of his policies, but he wouldn't embarrass me.

He came out AGAINST a single payor bill in NY because he said he would love it but in the real world you have to pay for things!
March 22nd, 2020 at 12:17:39 PM permalink
pew
"I think he would be a President like Obama. Not a fan of his policies, but he wouldn't embarrass me." It's a shame your not embarrassed by the worst thing the American president has ever done. Bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia. Shame on you as an American. If you are American that is.