8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

April 4th, 2020 at 9:49:02 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I am not interested in your double standards where Biden withdraws and Trump doesn't resign immediately.

Let Trump resign effective immediately, and Biden step down.

Or let them both bear the brunt of the accusations against them. Unlike some Trumpers, investigations and hard questions are what I want of against any candidate.

In my book, there are no gotcha questions.

Sorry, Bud, but that's not how I pick my nominee. I am no Trump supporter. Whether he should or should not step down is a fair but separate question.
My question is solely about the suitability of Biden as a President. You either feel that an accused sexual predator is ok, or not. I mean, are you serious that it is ok for the Democrats to nominate a sexual predator because the Republicans did? That Biden is ok because Trump is President, but if Romney was Biden would NOT be ok as the nominee? Is that what you are really trying to say?
April 4th, 2020 at 10:28:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Sorry, Bud, but that's not how I pick my nominee. I am no Trump supporter. Whether he should or should not step down is a fair but separate question.
My question is solely about the suitability of Biden as a President. You either feel that an accused sexual predator is ok, or not. I mean, are you serious that it is ok for the Democrats to nominate a sexual predator because the Republicans did? That Biden is ok because Trump is President, but if Romney was Biden would NOT be ok as the nominee? Is that what you are really trying to say?

Nope you don't get to only apply standards to only one candidate for the office as they both are running for office this year. They both have to meet the same standard. If you want one candidate to stand on his head, then both must.

And I said, if you read it, they can face the accusations or step down.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 4th, 2020 at 10:50:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Sleepy Joe at his press conference in
his basement. One of many quotable
quotes:

“The White House, the White House should have the backs, their states, the backs of the states, not just taking — it’s the responsibility of the White House and the federal government to help,”

He's got my vote.. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 4th, 2020 at 11:38:37 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You are joking, right? Did you not watch the Kavanaugh hearings? Or any of the thousands of women who can name a man with impunity whether or not there is evidence to back their claim?

I'm sure Trump would be quaking in his boots at the thought of a libel suit!! LOL!!! He is a guy who tells reporters to THEIR FACE they are reporting fake news!!

Was anyone sued for libel? There is an evaluation that goes on there, too. Can you get a lawyer to take a case?

And again, I'm talking about the difference between stating your opinion to reporters, whether it is women accusing Kavanaugh or Trump accusing the reporters, and paid political ads.

I think we've learned that women accusing a public figure means nothing, and Al Franken should not have resigned.

But to what I think Rxwine's point is - you want Biden to resign because he has an accuser, but you don't want Trump, who also has been accused, to resign?
I don't think someone can accuse the Democrats of being hypocrites for not calling on Biden to drop out, while at the same time calling on Biden to drop out, without acknowledging that it is also hypocritical for them not to call on Trump to resign.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 4th, 2020 at 11:53:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
Was anyone sued for libel? There is an evaluation that goes on there, too. Can you get a lawyer to take a case?

And again, I'm talking about the difference between stating your opinion to reporters, whether it is women accusing Kavanaugh or Trump accusing the reporters, and paid political ads.

I think we've learned that women accusing a public figure means nothing, and Al Franken should not have resigned.

But to what I think Rxwine's point is - you want Biden to resign because he has an accuser, but you don't want Trump, who also has been accused, to resign?
I don't think someone can accuse the Democrats of being hypocrites for not calling on Biden to drop out, while at the same time calling on Biden to drop out, without acknowledging that it is also hypocritical for them not to call on Trump to resign.

But Biden now is not running against Trump. He is running against Sanders. And was against Harris, Booker, Castro, Williamson, etc... There are non sexual predator options available.

I guess my question is simple. Should the Democrats nominate an accused sexual predator? I mean, really, the only answer some can come up with is "Well Trump is bad, too?" Is that what the Democrat party stands for?

I am playing big Devil's advocate here, by the way. I don't think Joe should not keep running if he is maintaining his innocence. And the 'offenses' Franken committed to me were only offenses if you want to think of them that way. I would have apologized, and then let the voters decide if I was suitable for re-election.
But the Democrat party has tied it's carriage to the horse that says "#believethewomen". Until the woman accuses one of theirs....
April 4th, 2020 at 12:00:32 PM permalink
rxwine
But Biden now is not running against Trump. He is running against Sanders. And was against Harris, Booker, Castro, Williamson, etc... There are non sexual predator options available.

It's debatable that he is even running against Sanders at this point. Even though it is not actually over.

Besides, Trump has a Vice President. Same applies to him.

Quote:

I guess my question is simple. Should the Democrats nominate an accused sexual predator? I mean, really, the only answer some can come up with is "Well Trump is bad, too?" Is that what the Democrat party stands for?

And your answer is no Democrats should boot him, so that we end up with another sexual predator who is already in office. Some decision that is.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 4th, 2020 at 12:03:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Btw, what would happen if all presidential candidates withdrew their candidacy in October? Know, or take your best guess.
April 4th, 2020 at 12:12:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Btw, what would happen if all presidential candidates withdrew their candidacy in October? Know, or take your best guess.

Do you mean nobody actively ran or put their names on the ballot?

If that is your question, I would guess the President would be appointed by a vote in congress similarly to if there is no clear electoral winner?
April 4th, 2020 at 12:15:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Sleepy Joe at his press conference in
his basement. One of many quotable
quotes:

“The White House, the White House should have the backs, their states, the backs of the states, not just taking — it’s the responsibility of the White House and the federal government to help,”

He's got my vote.. lol

Is that real? Sounds like someone failing a roadside DUI test.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2020 at 12:20:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Btw, SOOPOO, back when Kamala Harris was running some of you considered her candidacy disgraced by allegedly sleeping her way to a position. That's the time to put the screws on a candidate. It may have even hurt her.

Unlike Kavenaugh, this lady knew Biden was running since he announced. WTF. I'm not calling her a liar, but Fox would have run with a credible accusation in prime time. Or perhaps an incredible one.

I'm still not saying she isn't free to take whatever action she likes. Just appears to have some extra political spin.