2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

May 22nd, 2020 at 11:38:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Irrelevant state? Borders the two largest countries in the world. Major oil producer for the USA, kept us from freezing in the dark for many years. We are not talking Vermont here. Given his record in the Senate I would not call McCain a leader or a statesman. I'd call him an attention-whore out for himself only. Never liked him.

A third party is not all it is cracked up to be. Look at Israel, just coming off 2 years of political limbo.

Yeah, they've got oil. Good for them. I don't even think it would need to be a state for the oil to still be there provided we owned it. We own plenty of places that are not states.

Maybe not on the third party, but I certainly know what we have now and think the only alternative that could possibly be worse is to only have one party. The Far Left is working hard on that, by the way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:57:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
Maybe not on the third party, but I certainly know what we have now and think the only alternative that could possibly be worse is to only have one party. The Far Left is working hard on that, by the way.

They almost got it in 2016. They
had 16 years of Dem domination
all planned out with the coronation
of Hillary. They used every dirty
trick to guarantee it, which is just
coming out now. Then Trump
came along. Oops..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 12:01:35 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
They almost got it in 2016. They
had 16 years of Dem domination
all planned out with the coronation
of Hillary. They used every dirty
trick to guarantee it, which is just
coming out now. Then Trump
came along. Oops..

I'm incapable of blocking you here because I am an Administrator.

While you are free to do what you like, I hereby politely request that you cease and desist responding to any of my posts at this site, at WoV, and further, that you do not PM me at either site. This request applies until further notice, which will be never. Thank you for your kind consideration and enjoy your weekend.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 12:37:30 PM permalink
Evenbob

While you are free to do what you like, I hereby politely request that you cease and desist responding to any of my posts at this site, at WoV,

Wouldn't that be great if we
could just have a captive
audience of our choosing
on a public site? Jim, John
and Bill can all respond to my
posts. The rest of you cannot,
no free speech where I'm
concerned.

Here's what you do. Don't
READ my posts if you don't
want to. I do that with several
posters, works great. Even those
that mention me from time
to time. If you want total control,
start a private forum, members
of your choice only.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 12:41:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Wouldn't that be great if we
could just have a captive
audience of our choosing
on a public site? Jim, John
and Bill can all respond to my
posts. The rest of you cannot,
no free speech where I'm
concerned.

Here's what you do. Don't
READ my posts if you don't
want to. I do that with several
posters, works great. Even those
that mention me from time
to time. If you want total control,
start a private forum, members
of your choice only.

While you are free to do what you like, I hereby politely request that you cease and desist responding to any of my posts at this site, at WoV, and further, that you do not PM me at either site. This request applies until further notice, which will be never. Thank you for your kind consideration and enjoy your weekend.
May 22nd, 2020 at 12:46:38 PM permalink
Evenbob

I have nobody blocked, I just avoid
reading their posts. I have a whole
list of people here I don't want
responding to my posts, Oh well,
that's the nature of a public forum.
You don't get to pick and choose
who interacts with you. That's
what freedom of speech is all
about. That you want to stifle
me is amazing. If you say things
I disagree with, it's my right to
challenge them if you like it
or not.
May 22nd, 2020 at 12:53:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Even Politico is trashing Sleepy
Joe.

Biden: ‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/22/joe-biden-breakfast-club-interview-274490

Remember when Biden said this
about Obama?

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Obama was a 'clean' Black man. LOLOL
May 22nd, 2020 at 1:11:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Yeah, they've got oil. Good for them. I don't even think it would need to be a state for the oil to still be there provided we owned it. We own plenty of places that are not states.

Good for them and good for you. While their oil does not hit the eastern US much it does lessen our need for foreign oil. In the 1990s it helped our balance of payments with Japan as we exported it there for a few years. It gives us partial claim to the North Pole, not a small thing with the Russians also having claim. It being a state has zero to do with AK having oil. Oh, yes, it also is very valuable for our defense. Not to mention producing gold.

Quote:

The Democrat Party is working all over for one party rule. And when you look at the cities and states they have a lock on, well it does make overseas retirement seem a better and better idea.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2020 at 1:14:43 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I have nobody blocked, I just avoid
reading their posts. I have a whole
list of people here I don't want
responding to my posts, Oh well,
that's the nature of a public forum.
You don't get to pick and choose
who interacts with you. That's
what freedom of speech is all
about. That you want to stifle
me is amazing. If you say things
I disagree with, it's my right to
challenge them if you like it
or not.

May 22nd, 2020 at 1:19:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Good for them and good for you. While their oil does not hit the eastern US much it does lessen our need for foreign oil. In the 1990s it helped our balance of payments with Japan as we exported it there for a few years. It gives us partial claim to the North Pole, not a small thing with the Russians also having claim. It being a state has zero to do with AK having oil. Oh, yes, it also is very valuable for our defense. Not to mention producing gold.

Its status as a state is immaterial to our possession of it.

Quote:
The Democrat Party is working all over for one party rule. And when you look at the cities and states they have a lock on, well it does make overseas retirement seem a better and better idea.

I have no issue with the cities and states. Individual states can do whatever they like, though preferably by way of popular vote, provided it does not run afoul of the U.S. Constitution or any superseding Federal laws that themselves should be based exclusively on the authority granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution.