8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

May 31st, 2020 at 4:48:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
Geez... the words he stumbled over were minor and not relevant to the message... unless your sole goal is to look for meaningless flaws in Trump. My point is that he DID NOT use inflammatory rhetoric in his speech, that, frankly, I would have expected from him.

Trump sometimes sticks to the script. He has a speech writer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 31st, 2020 at 6:54:33 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I believe SOOPOO has predicted a President Cuomo.

If you feel there is even a slight chance of that, it might be a good thing to put some money on it.
May 31st, 2020 at 7:24:11 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
Didn’t see the speech, only saw some people on Twitter (Kellyanne Conway’s husband) making fun of him stumbling over some words in it.

But the speech is irrelevant, by now we know that teleprompter-Donny is not the real Donny. Twitter-Donny is the real Donny.

Trump speaks extemporaneously for hours at a time at rallies without a teleprompter

Meanwhile...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4600916/user-clip-obamas-bizarre-stuttering-attack

May 31st, 2020 at 10:27:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Even though his policies have been an abject failure in my state, both for this pandemic and before, he does look and sound good.

Boy, you have a low bar for
looking and sounding good.
He's butt ugly and sounds
like a Mafia thug to anybody
who doesn't live in NY. His
brother Fredo is nice looking,
but the Gov looks like an actor
from The Godfather.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2020 at 11:01:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Boy, you have a low bar for
looking and sounding good.
He's butt ugly and sounds
like a Mafia thug to anybody
who doesn't live in NY. His
brother Fredo is nice looking,
but the Gov looks like an actor
from The Godfather.

Cuomo's status is falling now that we see he purposely infected nursing homes with the china virus. If NY is lucky he will get thrown out and be selling ventilators for a living.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2020 at 11:14:18 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Cuomo's status is falling now that we see he purposely infected nursing homes with the china virus.

That is quite the charge...that he did it on purpose.

It was an ill-designed bad policy, it was a mistake, etc....but I highly doubt that it meets the bar of doing it on purpose,

Being responsible for a mistaken policy is different than a deliberate plan to infect nursing homes.
May 31st, 2020 at 11:20:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
That is quite the charge...that he did it on purpose.

It was an ill-designed bad policy, it was a mistake, etc....but I highly doubt that it meets the bar of doing it on purpose,

Being responsible for a mistaken policy is different than a deliberate plan to infect nursing homes.

Lets see, he was onboard with lockdown and distancing and quarantines. Then he forces nursing homes to take people who recently had it? At the least it is depraved indifference.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2020 at 11:45:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Lets see, he was onboard with lockdown and distancing and quarantines. Then he forces nursing homes to take people who recently had it? At the least it is depraved indifference.

My fave Cuomo bros story is
when a fan called Fredo
by the name of Fredo at the
airport. Fredo went batshit
crazy and the fan said he
thought that was his name.
Priceless...
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2020 at 11:56:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
My fave Cuomo bros story is
when a fan called Fredo
by the name of Fredo at the
airport. Fredo went batshit
crazy and the fan said he
thought that was his name.
Priceless...

They need to keep calling him that. I heard him rant on about being called it. Like a little kid on the schoolyard. Would love to hear Trump call him that.
The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2020 at 12:09:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
They need to keep calling him that. I heard him rant on about being called it. Like a little kid on the schoolyard. Would love to hear Trump call him that.

Fredo fits perfectly, the dumb
brother of the Godfather.

"Being stupid is only painful to everyone else, not to the stupid person." Ricky Gervais