2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

January 3rd, 2020 at 6:15:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
Define "living" please.

I’m not the one that started the term. But enough to secure food lodging and some kind of transportation would fit the bill for me.

Of course that may not mean a private apartment and a new car.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2020 at 6:42:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
So they do not think it is a good idea to stick instruments inside a woman and rip an unborn baby to shreds. What is wrong with this?

Yeah, you're free to treat all the abortions like a holocaust. Proving either you don't care about holocausts and are just as bad as everyone who ignores mass murder, or you don't really believe in what you're saying, or you're truly a coward.

You certainly should treat a mass holocaust in your own country more seriously than just waiting for the law to change.

You should probably be in jail several times for all the action you're taken to prevent mass murder that you claim is going on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2020 at 6:49:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
At least some of the Germans didn't actually know what was going on in the camps. How about you Shrek?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2020 at 7:30:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Please move abortion discussion to a new thread guys, if you really want THAT discussion.

Rx...... Here we have a fundamental disagreement. My younger son was 'required' by me and his mom to get a summer job before college. He worked at Walmart. He learned that that possible career did NOT generate enough to make a "living wage" as WE define it. So college, degree, skills wanted by employers, .... Living wage! How about me? What did I do? 4 years of college. 4 years of Med School. 4 years of Residency (paid LESS than minimum wage if you used NYState labor laws). And then 30 years of working 40+ hours per week. Likely averaged 50 over those 30 years. So I decided that I wanted more $ than 40 could offer. But you want the government to force a company to pay a worker more than he is worth, and a free market determines that, rather than have the worker do OT, pick up a side gig, not have an I phone 11, etc....
Jobs are NOT made to support people. Jobs are made BECAUSE there is a job to be done! And the employer should determine how much to offer for that job. If he offers too little he won't get employees. You been to McDonalds recently? Computers have taken over a job or two or more. At $12 an hour it makes sense for McDonalds. Might not have at $10 an hour. So two fewer KIDS have jobs. The result you want?
January 3rd, 2020 at 8:42:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Please move abortion discussion to a new thread guys, if you really want THAT discussion.

Rx...... Here we have a fundamental disagreement. My younger son was 'required' by me and his mom to get a summer job before college. He worked at Walmart. He learned that that possible career did NOT generate enough to make a "living wage" as WE define it. So college, degree, skills wanted by employers, .... Living wage! How about me? What did I do? 4 years of college. 4 years of Med School. 4 years of Residency (paid LESS than minimum wage if you used NYState labor laws). And then 30 years of working 40+ hours per week. Likely averaged 50 over those 30 years. So I decided that I wanted more $ than 40 could offer. But you want the government to force a company to pay a worker more than he is worth, and a free market determines that, rather than have the worker do OT, pick up a side gig, not have an I phone 11, etc....
Jobs are NOT made to support people. Jobs are made BECAUSE there is a job to be done! And the employer should determine how much to offer for that job. If he offers too little he won't get employees. You been to McDonalds recently? Computers have taken over a job or two or more. At $12 an hour it makes sense for McDonalds. Might not have at $10 an hour. So two fewer KIDS have jobs. The result you want?

There was some “jobs summit” with EU nations maybe 20 years ago I forget the exacts. But the EU nations were always amazed at how many entry level jobs the USA created. This is a good thing. In most industries you can get a low level job that lets you hang around the people who need to notice you to let you move up. The “living wage” people think a career is a “right.” Most never ran a business and many don’t even work out here in the real world. Yet somehow they always know it is just those greedy business owners won’t pay more.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2020 at 8:43:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, you're free to treat all the abortions like a holocaust. Proving either you don't care about holocausts and are just as bad as everyone who ignores mass murder, or you don't really believe in what you're saying, or you're truly a coward.

You certainly should treat a mass holocaust in your own country more seriously than just waiting for the law to change.

You should probably be in jail several times for all the action you're taken to prevent mass murder that you claim is going on.

I seriously do not understand what you are saying here. As asked above start an abortion thread if you like.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2020 at 8:53:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I seriously do not understand what you are saying here. As asked above start an abortion thread if you like.

No need for a thread, here we go:

On Abortion

Some people believe that human life begins at conception, other people do not believe that.

Some people believe that a woman should be permitted to choose whether or not she wishes to have an abortion despite the fact that they themselves would not have an abortion, for any reason, if presented with (or capable of, for males) a pregnancy. Other people would not have an abortion and believe further than nobody should be allowed to choose to do so, or in the alternative, should only be permitted to choose to do so under very specific circumstances.

For the most part, aside from those on the fence vis-a-vis exceptions, it's an extremely binary question and the probability of an individual on one side of the argument convincing an individual on the other side of the argument is very close to 0%...so any conversation related to such will be, at best, fruitless and pointless. At worst, any such conversation will become frustrating and/or hateful/disparaging.

No need for a thread, I hope.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 3rd, 2020 at 10:40:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
No need for a thread, here we go:

On Abortion

Some people believe that human life begins at conception, other people do not believe that.

Some people believe that a woman should be permitted to choose whether or not she wishes to have an abortion despite the fact that they themselves would not have an abortion, for any reason, if presented with (or capable of, for males) a pregnancy. Other people would not have an abortion and believe further than nobody should be allowed to choose to do so, or in the alternative, should only be permitted to choose to do so under very specific circumstances.

For the most part, aside from those on the fence vis-a-vis exceptions, it's an extremely binary question and the probability of an individual on one side of the argument convincing an individual on the other side of the argument is very close to 0%...so any conversation related to such will be, at best, fruitless and pointless. At worst, any such conversation will become frustrating and/or hateful/disparaging.

No need for a thread, I hope.

I will say the only way I have seen people change their minds is to see an actual abortion and it’s aftermath.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2020 at 10:55:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I will say the only way I have seen people change their minds is to see an actual abortion and it’s aftermath.

I haven't seen one, myself. Perhaps that would change my pro-choice stance, but I doubt it, and nor do I care to witness one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 3rd, 2020 at 10:58:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
I haven't seen one, myself. Perhaps that would change my pro-choice stance, but I doubt it, and nor do I care to witness one.

And that’s my point. I’ve only seen on film in 8th grade. But it’s not a pretty thing.

I maintain that a society with a high abortion rate is a society in irreversible decline.
The President is a fink.