https://www.apnews.com/fcb1c91780674c208485c43df10ee7e9
Let's go Brandon
January 30th, 2019 at 7:25:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Robert Mitchell Jennings dead

Didn't know he was alive
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2019 at 7:45:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Didn't know he was alive

Never heard of him
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 30th, 2019 at 8:47:41 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Ayecarumba
As always, we hope everyone survives, but if their time has come, here are the entries received by the deadline:

beachbumbabs:
Rosalyn Carter
Valerie Harper
Hugh Downs
Bob Barker
Prince Phillip
Bob Dole
Carl Icahn
6ix9ine
Rosemary Harris
Buzz Aldrin

Wizard:
Christopher Plummer
Bob Newhart
Ed Asner
Clint Eastwood
Gene Hackman
Robert Wagner
Stephen Sondheim
Pat Robertson
Jimmy Carter
James Baker

Fleaswatter:
Elwood Hubert Jones
Blaine Milam
Robert Mitchell Jennings executed Jan. 30 at age 61 = 39 pts.
Dominique Ray (from Selma, AL)
Billy Wayne Coble
Mark Allen Robertson
Archie J Dixon
Donnie Edward Johnson
Stephen Michael West
Charles Walton Wright

SOOPOO:
Augie Nieto
Steve Gleason
James (Hacksaw Jim) Duggan
Ken Watanabe
Noah Buble
Eddie Van Halen
Shannen Doherty
Valerie Harper
Bill Cosby
Ruth Bader Ginsburg

AZDuffman:
Chuck Yeager
Bob Barker
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Bob Dole
Lyndon LaRouche
Robert Clary
Joseph A. Hardy III (founder, 84 Lumber)
Sirhan Sirhan
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary (Queen Elizabeth)
Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)

ams288:
Val Kilmer
Liza Minelli
Bill Cosby
RBG
Sandra Day O'Connor
Tim Conway
Mikhail Gorbachev
Melania Trump
Little Richard
Lil Wayne
January 31st, 2019 at 8:22:21 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: beachbumbabs
Wow. Maybe we're going to need a Fleaswatter rule next year? The whole list looks like death row inmates. Lol.....

Yes, you are correct, they are all inmates who are scheduled to be executed this year. SOOPOO was partially correct in an earlier post where he indicated that I was using an “AP” move. Yes I am using an “AP’ move, but not the one he described. And yes BBB, I agree that a rule prohibiting the selection of death row inmates should be included next year.

Quote: SOOPOO
I'm glad I didn't take FS up on his offer to wager! I hadn't thought of that angle! Well done, FS!

Thank you! I was getting a little concerned since 2 of my picks that were scheduled to be executed earlier this month had their executions stayed.

Believe it or not, I do have a dilemma concerning my picks. While many here are gamblers and always seem be looking for that “AP” move, I do feel that my picks are not in the “spirit” of the contest.
Therefore, I request that my picks be withdrawn from the 2019 death pool. If by some chance another participant’s picks would have beaten mine, and they are in the pool, I will pay the $20.
Let's go Brandon
January 31st, 2019 at 8:43:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Yes, you are correct, they are all inmates who are scheduled to be executed this year. SOOPOO was partially correct in an earlier post where he indicated that I was using an “AP” move. Yes I am using an “AP’ move, but not the one he described. And yes BBB, I agree that a rule prohibiting the selection of death row inmates should be included next year.

Thank you! I was getting a little concerned since 2 of my picks that were scheduled to be executed earlier this month had their executions stayed.

Believe it or not, I do have a dilemma concerning my picks. While many here are gamblers and always seem be looking for that “AP” move, I do feel that my picks are not in the “spirit” of the contest.
Therefore, I request that my picks be withdrawn from the 2019 death pool. If by some chance another participant’s picks would have beaten mine, and they are in the pool, I will pay the $20.

Flea made some sharp picks
Glad I did not participate
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2019 at 9:48:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Albert Finney, 82.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 9th, 2019 at 5:10:41 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Dominique Ray 42, executed in Alabama (on Fleaswatter's list) Feb 8. Denied his Imam despite a state rule allowing him to have a member of the clergy with him. SCOTUS made a blundering decision based on it being too late for him to file about it, despite him not knowing it until a few days before his execution. Alabama was only offering Christian clergy.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 9th, 2019 at 10:25:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Alabama was only offering Christian clergy.

What's the difference, the pope and
Islam have signed an agreement that
their gods are one and the same.

The god that told the Vatican to burn
witches at the stake is the same god
that tells a teen boy in Palestine to
strap on a vest and blow up a bus.
Makes sense to me.
February 9th, 2019 at 2:14:54 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Dominique Ray 42, executed in Alabama (on Fleaswatter's list) Feb 8. Denied his Imam despite a state rule allowing him to have a member of the clergy with him. SCOTUS made a blundering decision based on it being too late for him to file about it, despite him not knowing it until a few days before his execution. Alabama was only offering Christian clergy.

Did his death make the AP feed? I didn’t see the story on the AP homepage.

Edit: Got it: https://apnews.com/f86216c8282b48c6be58006a66837db8/gallery/media:279a6821a68c41919bd1eefad3fcab19