KNathan's Corner

Thread Rating:

January 5th, 2019 at 11:08:42 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Wizard
I've always liked how Wendy's has one line leading to many windows. The alternative is McDonald's style, where every window has a separate line. I like to straddle lines, to jump to the next window available, but then somebody will come along and force me to a decision of which line to stand in. I almost always end up in the line of the baseball coach buying dinner for his entire team, while the other line ended up being just a Big Mac combo.

Question for the forum -- if the sign at the supermarket says 10 items or less, is that a hard and fast rule, or more of a suggestion?

I've never seen them tell someone to leave the line if they are over the limit
March 22nd, 2019 at 4:42:47 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Well, O.O O.O O.O O.O. So, I walked across train tracks, looking left and right for an incoming train and saw none. I thought to myself, "If a train is coming, you'll here the " Click, click, click,"of the train gate signal." Literally TEN seconds later, I hear the infamous "Click click click, of the train gate signal! O.O O.O O.O O.O a TRAIN came crossing just SECONDS after I had crossed! O.O O.O O.O O.O O.O
March 22nd, 2019 at 5:11:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: KNathan
Well, O.O O.O O.O O.O. So, I walked across train tracks, looking left and right for an incoming train and saw none. I thought to myself, "If a train is coming, you'll here the " Click, click, click,"of the train gate signal." Literally TEN seconds later, I hear the infamous "Click click click, of the train gate signal! O.O O.O O.O O.O a TRAIN came crossing just SECONDS after I had crossed! O.O O.O O.O O.O O.O

My cousin's fiancé got run over by a train.
Up in upstate NY
Was on his snowmobile. Very popular in the winter
He was going down the train tracks.
A locomotive came barreling down on him from behind
The engineer saw him, blew the horn but could not stop the train before running him over
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2019 at 6:43:53 PM permalink
KNathan
Quote: terapined
My cousin's fiancé got run over by a train.
Up in upstate NY
Was on his snowmobile. Very popular in the winter
The engineer saw him, blew the horn but could not stop the train before running him over

Holy crap! O.O So sorry about your Cousin's Fiance. :(
March 22nd, 2019 at 7:02:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: KNathan
Holy crap! O.O So sorry about your Cousin's Fiance. :(

It was about 20 years ago
It was pretty shocking
Just a young adult. He asked my cousins father to go out riding with him but he was too busy so the fiancé went out alone to snow mobile.
The Engineer was really shaken up over this. You just cant stop these trains.
The fiancé family was actually in the funeral business but another company handled this of course.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 16th, 2019 at 3:47:06 AM permalink
KNathan
It was about 20 years ago
It was pretty shocking
Just a young adult. He asked my cousins father to go out riding with him but he was too busy so the fiancé went out alone to snow mobile.
The Engineer was really shaken up over this. You just cant stop these trains.
The fiancé family was actually in the funeral business but another company handled this of course.

Wow! :( So unbelivably heartbreaking and tragic! :(
April 16th, 2019 at 5:18:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
ear muffs, curved tracks, too much snow trackside, hesitancy to jump off the snowmobile?
April 16th, 2019 at 5:32:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
ear muffs, curved tracks, too much snow trackside, hesitancy to jump off the snowmobile?

I have to wonder if part of the screening process for engineers is telling them, "chances are your train will kill someone during your career. Can you deal with that?" By the time they see someone or something on the track it is probably too late. From suicides to just poor situational awareness, over a career seems like it will happen.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2019 at 10:19:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Was on his snowmobile.
e

Not surprising, snowmobilers are idiots.
One guy I knew hit a stump buried in
the snow going 40 mph and messed
himself up for life. Another was on a
trail doing over 40 and had a head on
collision with another snowmobile
coming over a hill. He died.

Never been on one, I always hated
them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2019 at 6:26:02 PM permalink
KNathan
Well, I'm so lucky I have Knathan's Corner! :D