Aqua-cise

March 31st, 2013 at 4:34:22 PM permalink
ewjones
Threads: 6
I HATE Aqua-cise. There's a limited window that I can fit my swim in for the day and today I tried to squeeze one in before work. Aqua-cise was going on. I just don't get it. What a non workout. A bunch of 50-70 yr old overweight women just moving around. I don't mean to sound insensitive,and I get that it's low impact, but so is walking. Then again I've never done it, so can someone tell me if its more vigorous than I think. I've never seen a serious athlete do aqua-cise, and I've never seen an aqua-ciser do a more conventional workout...

Anybody wanna fill me in?
March 31st, 2013 at 7:30:23 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Holy crap, yes it's waaay more intense than the same motions done in air.

Many athletes do such a training; boxers, runners, running backs, receivers.... have you ever tried to move in water? It's damn difficult. Even a "normal speed" workout done in water will be 10Xs harder in water.

If you got a bunch of old fat people... most conventional workouts wouldn't be possible. Aqua gives the ability to have resistance when you can take it, and immediately quit when you have to. Stop moving, the resistance stops, and the water supports. Imagine someone of low physical stature hitting their wall in the midst of a resistance machine workout. They give out, and the machine pile drives them. Not a good look lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 31st, 2013 at 8:11:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Is there no room to leave a lane or two open for laps? Maybe you should contact the managment about that. Most everyone has limited time, so you might be able to make a good case for why you can't just be back at a different time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2013 at 2:16:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: ewjones
A bunch of 50-70 yr old overweight women just moving around.
Spend far more money than one darn lap swimmer who leaves without spending a fortune at the snack bar.
April 1st, 2013 at 2:46:16 AM permalink
ewjones
Threads: 6
Face... Sure I understand it provides lots of resistance but I just wonder if they're getting everything out of it they should. And doesn't swimming engage as many or more muscles than that?

rxwine.... No it's a really small pool and they take up the whole thing..