Things I Don't Do Anymore

Page 3 of 3<123
December 27th, 2018 at 2:11:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone lines attached to your cable internet are very inexpensive.

I use Google phone, have for years. Free
for as long as you want.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 27th, 2018 at 4:21:23 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
I'm surprised no one said this obvious and smart aleck reply, do I will say it. "I don't doo doo and pee in my diapers anymore, haven't done that in 32 years! ;)
December 27th, 2018 at 10:24:48 AM permalink
Evenbob
More on the list:

Change a tire (just never get flats anymore}

Change a headlight (they burned out so often in the 60's and 70's I always carried an extra}

Change my own oil (25 years at least, before that it was a religion)

Pay for long distance

Subscribe to a magazine (15 years)

Put up with people smoking everywhere, like airplanes
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 27th, 2018 at 11:07:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
More on the list:

Change a tire (just never get flats anymore}

Change a headlight (they burned out so often in the 60's and 70's I always carried an extra}

Change my own oil (25 years at least, before that it was a religion)

Pay for long distance

Subscribe to a magazine (15 years)

Put up with people smoking everywhere, like airplanes

Tire has been some time, sometimes I will get some energy and rotate, usually not.

Last headlight was a few years ago and a royal pain. I run my cars into the ground so will again I am sure.

Oil--done. Did when I was broke, not so much anymore.

Magazine, did a few years ago when my CC made me burn my FF points when they made some kind of switch. I subscribed for about 2 years and got I bet 5. They just kept coming. I used to live for car magazines. I would digest all the info and could have had some kind of job based on my knowledge if I knew how to use it. I was the guy who knew what years every minor body and engine change happened.

I still like to leaf thru car mags, and I will if I plan a purchase within 2 years. Amazes me how some people just pick a car in one trip to a lot.
The President is a fink.
December 27th, 2018 at 11:36:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Amazes me how some people just pick a car in one trip to a lot.

It's worse than that. They now have
ways to pick a car sight unseen
online and they deliver it to your door.

Reading the reviews of unhappy customers
is quite entertaining. Carvana is especially
bad:

HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE
Direct Quote "Yes, it is within our standards to have 7 cigarette burns and cigarette smoke".

I had a car delivered with cigarette burns throughout the interior, along with cigarette smoke. In addition, there are severe scratches and discoloration along the entire exterior. I was told this is within their "standard".

Customer service refused to do anything and justified this horrible experience. The supervisor made these comments and took zero responsibility. She stated this was my "perception" of the car.
December 27th, 2018 at 1:10:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It's worse than that. They now have
ways to pick a car sight unseen
online and they deliver it to your door.

I did that but had the inspection done before I picked it up. Mine worked out.

When I was in car loans some people thought they could return the car like pants that did not fit could go back to WMT.
The President is a fink.
December 27th, 2018 at 1:23:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman

When I was in car loans some people thought they could return the car like pants that did not fit could go back to WMT.

My dad did that. in 1958 he bought a
new Nash station wagon and took it
back 3 weeks later when he realized
he couldn't afford it. How he got out
of it he never told us.

December 27th, 2018 at 2:01:45 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Whoa. That looks super practical... I want one.
Seriously 4 doors, loads of space, No Door pillars!!!!! Wow HTF did that work? If it wasn't for the UK price of gas (I'm still learning your language) here in the UK, I'd buy that. Not to sure of the brown though. Did it come in blue.
Oh and I always wanted white wall tyres (not got the hang of the language yet)
December 27th, 2018 at 3:54:44 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
That was a God Awfull ugly car.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 27th, 2018 at 4:06:48 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
That was a God Awfull ugly car.
As a Brit, used to much smaller cars, I'm quite taken by it. It looks like it was designed by a committee of 10 year olds. I love how it has small doors to fit UK size parking spaces. it pays lip-service to trendy (1950s trendy) with the tail fins and chrome bumpers fenders. The storage in the back would make it an impressive hearse. The roof rails, just begging for a top-box... And the whitewall tyres.... KEWL. If it were French Blue, I'd order one right now $:o) Bang on a towing hitch and 3 berth caravan and I'd pay double.
HTF did those back doors work ? LOL.
Page 3 of 3<123