January 16th, 2019 at 5:48:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

Why do they drink so much? When
you visit you'll find out. For the same
reason the exchange students don't
want to go back.

Once getting my car worked on the write-up guy was telling me about his visit to adopt a baby. He said:

1. All the men work in factories
2. All the white collar professionals are women
3. Every many is a total drunk

A vacation isn't staying there. I visited CA before and would not want to live there either.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2019 at 6:52:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You might consider getting one of those on-the-fly translating app or dedicated device. You speak, it speaks Russian. And the reverse.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2019 at 8:23:04 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
If you’re going to go all the way there why not make it a longer trip and see a few other places?
January 17th, 2019 at 2:06:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Aussie
If you’re going to go all the way there why not make it a longer trip and see a few other places?

Because I still have to make a living.
The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2019 at 3:54:58 PM permalink
Aussie
Quote: AZDuffman
Because I still have to make a living.

Haha I realise that. You don’t get paid time off?
I probably wouldn’t bother going that sort of distance for less than 2 weeks absolute minimum. Preferably 4. So many great places to see in Europe.
January 17th, 2019 at 4:36:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Aussie
Haha I realise that. You don’t get paid time off?

Don't get me started. People hear my day rate and think I am raking it in. They do not understand being self-employed. Every federal holiday cost a day's pay. Half the years we are not allowed to work that dead week between Christmas and New Year, no pay. If I want a vacation I have to add in the cost of time off work.

Don't get me wrong, the freedom is worth it. But it changes your mentality to where every last thing is a hustle.
The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2019 at 6:02:00 PM permalink
Aussie
Don't get me started. People hear my day rate and think I am raking it in. They do not understand being self-employed. Every federal holiday cost a day's pay. Half the years we are not allowed to work that dead week between Christmas and New Year, no pay. If I want a vacation I have to add in the cost of time off work.

Don't get me wrong, the freedom is worth it. But it changes your mentality to where every last thing is a hustle.

Ahhh ok was not aware you contract. Yes, the loss of pay is a consideration then. Personally I still probably wouldn’t want to go that far for anything less than the timeframe mentioned. It’s just so far to go and particularly if you haven’t travelled like that before it’s possibly your one opportunity. Any way you could go without any time off for the whole year or two until the trip? Might enable a longer period of time off?
January 17th, 2019 at 6:10:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
D They do not understand being self-employed..

I haven't had a paid holiday since the
mid 70's. Or a paid vacay.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 17th, 2019 at 6:30:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They do not understand being self-employed.

Figure out how to write part or all off as a business expense.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 18th, 2019 at 2:22:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Figure out how to write part or all off as a business expense.

If I tried my next hotel the guy might tell me "Henry Hill slept here!"
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 4<1234>