Ocasio-Cortez: I Acknowledge My Privilege Being Born 'Cisgendered'

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
February 2nd, 2019 at 8:03:39 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42944/ocasio-cortez-i-acknowledge-my-privilege-being-paul-bois?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

"I’m a cisgendered woman" acknowledges Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

WTF! The public dialogue has taken a radical step towards completely ludicrous. I did have to google the meaning of the word.
February 2nd, 2019 at 8:32:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Pacomartin
WTF! The public dialogue has taken a radical step towards completely ludicrous. I did have to google the meaning of the word.

How so? The word invention or the privilege?

Religious people speak of being given a "blessing" when they end up not dying, or not being blinded, exactly meaning normal life is a privilege or gift we walk around with.

Words with possible opposite states, should probably get unique identifications.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 2nd, 2019 at 8:41:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

WTF! The public dialogue has taken a radical step towards completely ludicrous. .

You now have to have a word that
means you're throwing up your
hands in defense, that you're not one
of these sicko misgendered dopes
wandering around trying to play
the sympathy/victim card.

Ever watch the show Live PD? They
have 30 camera crews in 12 cities
riding in cop cars. It never ceases
to amaze me what the underbelly
of society looks like in the US. And
things people dream up to make
their tattooed and pierced lives
even more ridiculous.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 3rd, 2019 at 2:45:26 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: rxwine
How so? The word invention or the privilege?

Religious people speak of being given a "blessing" when they end up not dying, or not being blinded, exactly meaning normal life is a privilege or gift we walk around with.

I think there is a difference from the story by the congressmen who was shot on a baseball field and survived talking about the blessing of God allowing him to walk around and hug his grandchildren and live an ordinary life.

Her speech was about racism and white privilege. She is claiming to be privileged because she was born in a woman, and she feels like she should be a woman.
February 3rd, 2019 at 4:14:57 AM permalink
rxwine
I think there is a difference from the story by the congressmen who was shot on a baseball field and survived talking about the blessing of God allowing him to walk around and hug his grandchildren and live an ordinary life.

Her speech was about racism and white privilege. She is claiming to be privileged because she was born in a woman, and she feels like she should be a woman.

But that's the point telling people of who have ordinary lives, that they don't realize the blessing until it becomes lost. They even write songs about it.

If you had to go hungry every day, you soon appreciate just an ordinary meal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2019 at 4:56:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
that you're not one
of these sicko misgendered dopes
wandering around trying to play
the sympathy/victim card.

How is this not suspension-worthy based on the new rule 18????
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2019 at 4:58:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Showing how crazy that part of society has become. Now everyday people have "privilege" of some sort. No wonder the Dems are already talking about primarying her.
The President is a fink.
February 3rd, 2019 at 8:57:18 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: ams288
How is this not suspension-worthy based on the new rule 18????

Rule #18: Hate Speech: While we try to promote free speech as much as we can, racial slurs, vulgar terminology or advocating violence against any person or group of people are not welcome. (Added 1/10/2019)

Quote: Evenbob
... sicko misgendered dopes wandering around trying to play the sympathy/victim card.

To me it is colorful, but it isn't a racial slur, it isn't vulgar, and it doesn't advocate violence.

WTF! The public dialogue has taken a radical step towards completely ludicrous.

I try and laugh at actions, but not necessarily people.
February 3rd, 2019 at 9:23:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Showing how crazy that part of society has become. Now everyday people have "privilege" of some sort. No wonder the Dems are already talking about primarying her.

If FrGamble ever shows up again, ask him if people should be thankful for basic ordinary things. It's so common a sentiment what you said is the actual crazy thing.
February 3rd, 2019 at 9:56:45 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

My sailing crew was all of advanced age, and there came a point on the trip where I began to receive heat for being "too young" to be rolling with the crew I was. I sort of froze for a moment unsure if the critical comments were serious or not, then piped up with the clincher "I identify as an old man".

You could see the internal struggle with such a trigger. Was good for a laugh =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 1 of 51234>Last »