What two Superbowl Teams do you think would be a Dustbowl?

Page 1 of 212>
February 4th, 2019 at 10:17:10 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
A Dustbowl means a BAD Superbowl. Yesterday was probably the worst Dustbowl of all Superbowl, 13-3. YUCK! I recently said The Raiders VS The Rams would be a huge Dustbowl as they are both subpar Teams, but surprise, surprise, they actually played against each other at least two games in the preseason and actually scored better than The Patriots VS The Rams in yesterday's SB. Half sad and half hilarious. So what two SB teams do you think will be a Dustbowl? ;)
February 5th, 2019 at 2:37:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
While I have not watched a SB in several years, I prefer a low scoring game to the shootouts the NFL wants to put out. To me nothing is more boring than games when there is a score every few plays. I think it was 1997 when it got to 14-7 at the end of the 1st and the next day I told a guy at work how boring it was to me. Guy didn't get it.

If I want to see a score every few minutes I'd care about basketball. Whatever happened to a defensive struggle?
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2019 at 6:20:53 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
What would have made a boring game for me, prop bets aside, would be two teams playing I didn't care about. Had the other two teams won in the Conference Championships, New Orleans and Kansas City, I would not have really cared who won.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 5th, 2019 at 8:39:46 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: KNathan
A Dustbowl means a BAD Superbowl. Yesterday was probably the worst Dustbowl of all Superbowl, 13-3. YUCK! I recently said The Raiders VS The Rams would be a huge Dustbowl as they are both subpar Teams, but surprise, surprise, they actually played against each other at least two games in the preseason and actually scored better than The Patriots VS The Rams in yesterday's SB. Half sad and half hilarious. So what two SB teams do you think will be a Dustbowl? ;)

(Emphasis mine). Remind me, how many teams had a better regular season record than the Rams?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
February 5th, 2019 at 10:26:43 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: JimRockford
Quote: KNathan

(Emphasis mine). Remind me, how many teams had a better regular season record than the Rams?

According to Google, the Rams and Raiders are actually GOOD teams. D'oh! I stand so corrected! ;)
February 5th, 2019 at 10:32:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I hardly watched the game.
Just bought a new truck so I was waxing and polishing my truck during the game
I had my laptop in my garage showing the game so I would not miss the commercials
That one with a gazillion old NFL players really rocked. I may have to watch that one again
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 5th, 2019 at 10:38:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
New Orleans and Kansas City, I would not have really cared who won.

I haven't cared who won since the
70's, which is the last time I watched.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 5th, 2019 at 10:46:22 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
While I have not watched a SB in several years, I prefer a low scoring game to the shootouts the NFL wants to put out. To me nothing is more boring than games when there is a score every few plays. I think it was 1997 when it got to 14-7 at the end of the 1st and the next day I told a guy at work how boring it was to me. Guy didn't get it.

If I want to see a score every few minutes I'd care about basketball. Whatever happened to a defensive struggle?

Have to agree. Good tough defensive games are under appreciated. In close low scoring game the importance of everything is magnified. The game could hinge on the next play. SB 53 (enough with the Roman numerals, it's not cute anymore) didn't have offensive fireworks but it wasn't boring. NE held the second highest scoring offense in the highest scoring NFL season to 3 points. And they needed to do that to win. The score was 3-3 going into the fourth quarter. The Rams couldn't get out of their own tracks, but one play could have turned it around. It was one of the most interesting and memorable SBs I've seen.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
February 5th, 2019 at 11:01:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Have to agree. Good tough defensive games are under appreciated. In close low scoring game the importance of everything is magnified. The game could hinge on the next play. SB 53 (enough with the Roman numerals, it's not cute anymore) didn't have offensive fireworks but it wasn't boring. NE held the second highest scoring offense in the highest scoring NFL season to 3 points. And they needed to do that to win. The score was 3-3 going into the fourth quarter. The Rams couldn't get out of their own tracks, but one play could have turned it around. It was one of the most interesting and memorable SBs I've seen.

I will admit, it does take an advanced fan to know the difference between good defense and poor offense. Alas, the NFL wants every game to look like the Pro-Bowl.

Then again, all I care about is who beat the spread. The NFL has shown too many times the past decade that they do not want my business.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2019 at 12:39:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

I totally agree with your analysis Jim. A really interesting game to watch. My kudos to both coaches for developing such effective defensive strategies.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 212>