Lottery Clerks scamming/attempting to scam Customers out of their winning tickets?:/

Page 2 of 3<123>
February 8th, 2019 at 7:08:27 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: AZDuffman
Who buys a ticket and forgets about it? Anyone I have known that plays checks the numbers soon as they are drawn, or the next day.

Bob didn't forget that he had a ticket. He trusted the Clerk would tell him the complete truth and apparently didn't ask for a winning numbers slip or check his numbers online like people with even half an ant's brain would have done. But on the news there was another man who bought a huge winning ticket . There was an alert going on that whoever bought that ticket almost six months ago needed to go cash it in because it was about to be expired. This man was like,"What idiot doesn't cash in their winning ticket for almost 6 months? "

The shocking realization came to him as he realized he DID see a Lottery ticket lying around the house one day and absentmindedly threw it away in the trash. He and his wife were very lucky that garbage pickup hadn't come to their house as they very frantically dug through the garbage to find that ticket. They miraculously found it and he turned it in and got paid! My

I myself found a Lottery ticket I had forgotten about. I found it like a year after the claim date had passed. Luckily, it was only a $5 winner, but it could have been worth millions of dollars. So people do forget about winning Lottery tickets.
February 8th, 2019 at 9:08:26 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: terapined
I actually got to watch a lottery drawing live as a witness
I was working the lottery terminal at the liquor store I worked and I got a message on the terminal inviting me to a drawing as a witness.
I accepted and went to the Baltimore TV studio that broadcasts the drawing
The lottery number is actually the 11'th number drawn that night
Before we go on the air, they test the machine 10 times making sure its producing random numbers and those numbers are recorded
We then go live and the 11'th drawing is the lottery number.

How do they determine the numbers were random? Were the balls drawn replaced after each was drawn to determine if the same ball would keep being drawn? After all, if they drew 10 balls and they were 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - that would still be random (it would just look like a pattern to us)
February 8th, 2019 at 9:13:20 AM permalink
KNathan
I find this unsettling that there are TEN practice drawings and the eleventh drawing is the real one. I'd be pissed if say my numbers matched one of the practice drawings! <}:(
February 8th, 2019 at 9:28:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades
How do they determine the numbers were random? Were the balls drawn replaced after each was drawn to determine if the same ball would keep being drawn? After all, if they drew 10 balls and they were 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - that would still be random (it would just look like a pattern to us)

If the balls came out like this on a practice drawing
no biggie, there are 9 more practice drawings that should come up with different numbers
The randomness is determined by comparing the results of the 10 practice runs to make sure all the results are different
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2019 at 9:58:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Who buys a ticket and forgets about it?

Who buys lottery tickets period.
I'd feel like a moron buying one,
knowing the math involved. I
would throw the money out my
car window before I ever bought
a lottery ticket.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 8th, 2019 at 11:36:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Who buys lottery tickets period.
I'd feel like a moron buying one,
knowing the math involved. I
would throw the money out my
ca window before I ever bought
a lottery ticket.

Let the kids have their fun. What I cannot believe is how many games they have now. In the 70s here it was one 3-digit number once a day. It was a huge thing when they had a 4 digit once a week. It was great for the bookies as well, one number that while it was fixed once at the least the bookie could not claim the player had looked at the wrong track handle or whatever else they used.

Now they have a 2, 3, 4, and 5 digit TWICE a day. And some kind of "wild" you can add for extra money, and I presume extra edge for our state bookmakers. I could probably figure how bad it is for you to play the wild, but no use unless I become a runner, and at my age I am too old to take a pinch for running numbers for a local bookie.

This does not include the scratch-offs, which while fun for small office gifts people play insanely.

The FBI didn't break the mafia, the state muscled them out!
The President is a fink.
February 8th, 2019 at 1:26:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Let the kids have their fun.

I didn't know it was age specific. I
see lots of people over 50 buying
them. Ignorance knows no age
barrier.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 8th, 2019 at 1:59:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I didn't know it was age specific. I
see lots of people over 50 buying
them. Ignorance knows no age
barrier.

It's an expression.
The President is a fink.
February 8th, 2019 at 2:28:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
It's an expression.

I take everything literally, it's my job.
February 9th, 2019 at 7:28:43 PM permalink
KNathan
About The Lottery, someone who didn't know how to play a scratch off threw a winning ticket on the street. If you got a Snowman Symbol, you won whatever the Snowman landed on. This person's Numbers didn't match the winning number, but the Snowman "landed," on $2. I picked it up and cashed it in. Hey, this is the equivalent of finding $2 in cash, so...;)
Page 2 of 3<123>