I need you to come into work this weekend

March 16th, 2019 at 10:38:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Ace, they making you work this weekend?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2019 at 10:41:00 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I will be working from home tomorrow
March 16th, 2019 at 10:55:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
I will be working from home tomorrow

Does your boss have a spy cam
in your apartment to keep an
eye on you? I got one last year
for the backyard and can access
it from anywhere in the world
with the app. Kinda scary what
you can do with tech now.

The signal goes thru my router,
is processed by the company
and sent to my app. You could
plant cameras and watch people
and they would never know it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 16th, 2019 at 10:58:23 AM permalink
aceofspades
No spy cam (that i know of lol) but if I come in on Monday and work wasn't completed, the Boss will surely know
March 18th, 2019 at 5:50:17 AM permalink
aceofspades
I had started the day thinking positively after a nice weekend and I was ready to go and have a good week

Protege called me into his office seconds after I walked in to inform me he “really doesn’t like me working on a laptop because it’s a Mac and we use PC’s in the office and when you export a Pages document as a Word document, there can be typos” and that when I hand him documents that are exhibits for a motion, they should not have Post-Its on them labeling which is which, but, actual exhibit tabs so he “can easily see which is which” — I guess those bright yellow Post-It notes with black Sharpie A B C D etc. are tough to see — and I am sure the copy guy hates the ease in which they can be pulled off instead of sorting through actual tabs

Owner/Boss just called me into his office and wanted me to get to work on something right away — as I was leaving I passed the protege's office who told me to make sure I tell the Owner/Boss that I am working on something for him and it takes precedence WTF!!!

I am thinking of giving my two week’s notice at end of day today or tomorrow — protege came into Owner/Boss's office to yell at me for “talking too loud” and for "starting a rumor" a client had pink-eye and that the client heard the rumor (LOL — did someone pass her a note in gym class?) — I did not start any rumor - the client is wearing dark sunglasses and she told me she had an eye infection that requires antibiotic eyedrops, someone else mentioned that maybe it was pink-eye and to be careful because it is highly contagious — Protege, of course, tells me I am 100% wrong and she merely “scratched her cornea” — LIES — then told me, in front of the Owner/Boss, that I m responsible if this client fires us
March 18th, 2019 at 10:17:03 AM permalink
Evenbob

I am thinking of giving my two week’s notice at end of day today or tomorrow —

They obviously are trying to get you to
quit so you won't file a wrongful
termination suit when they fire you.
These are lawyers you're dealing with,
after all. I would screw up and get
them to fire me, and then actually
file a suit against them. If you quit
you're playing right into their hands.

You haven't been there long enough
that this job even has to go on your
resume.
March 18th, 2019 at 11:31:32 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Should be keeping that journal, it's impossible to recollect all the little slights that are contributing to your mental breakdown [possible]. I've worked in a hostile work environment and you may be stunted for life?

Write down all the little predatory things this protege says, and include the things said to the other staff, especially the things said to the women about you, those woman are notorious for forgetting all the insults toward someone who has been terminated. Everyone comes down with group amnesia. Jot down the time of day, little factoids that make your statements believable. The firm will much prefer to settle out of court, rather than have their name dragged into court this day an age about unfair work practices.

You stitch all this hostility together, and bring up the part about the 5 rabbi's, I think you are easily into 7 figures. Why should it always be the women to get the huge severance checks? Make us proud Ace.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 19th, 2019 at 1:50:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Ace? Are you OK, did you kill anybody
today?
March 19th, 2019 at 4:21:06 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
Ace? Are you OK, did you kill anybody
today?

We were scheduled to have a settlement conference with 3 other attorneys and the clients in the office conference room
Yesterday, the protege went through all these boxes on the floor therein and, because there are no consequences to anything he does
Owner/Boss told his assistant to have the conference room table cleaned - which she did —— then, one of the secretaries knocked on my office door and told me the protege told her to tell me to clean up the conference room floor of his boxes and files - at first I laughed as I thought she was joking - then she reiterated the instructions - This went on three more times until I realized she was serious - I was being told to clean up the protege's mess that he didn't feel like taking responsibility for -- she apologized and asked me not to shoot the messenger - as such, I spent about a half hour sorting through papers, organizing them back into the proper files, and carting all the boxes to the storage area - here is a pic (blurred out for privacy)

March 19th, 2019 at 4:32:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
oI was being told to clean up the protege's mess]

He wants you to quit, these are
timeless methods he's using.
Embarrass you in front of
others, demean you by giving
you jobs far beneath what
your position calls for.

When you do quit, he wins. Is
that what you want? I would make
them fire me and then sue them.
I would never let a prick like that
win.