Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
I made it 10 minutes into Ep. 1 and turned it off

You never saw any of it? You missed
out big time, it's a fantastic series.
I just don't need to see it more than
once.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 21st, 2019 at 2:18:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I made it 10 minutes into Ep. 1 and turned it off

Like "Breaking Bad" you have to give it a little while to fire up. Ep 1 is about setting up Don's life. It gets going as it goes on. You see several people's life collapse from their own excessiveness.
The President is a fink.
March 21st, 2019 at 2:52:12 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: AZDuffman
Like "Breaking Bad" you have to give it a little while to fire up. Ep 1 is about setting up Don's life. It gets going as it goes on. You see several people's life collapse from their own excessiveness.

BB got going in the first scene of the first episode
IMHO
March 21st, 2019 at 6:06:09 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
THE PROTEGE CANCELED HIS OWN DAMN INTERVENTION!!!

Apparently, somehow, someway, that I am sure only the gods understand, the Owner put protege in charge of booking the psychologist to appear today WTF!!!
Protege "forgot" to book the psychologist, as such, we are going to try again next week sometime
Meanwhile, everyone predicted that protege would do this -- he walked around here all day quiet and smug
Time to freshen up the resumé

I guess we have to wait for next week. I wonder what developments will occur in the meantime! The suspense! LOL
March 22nd, 2019 at 5:50:26 AM permalink
aceofspades
There is a mutiny afoot in the office — driver/copy guy (who HATES protege with the fire of one thousand suns) just came in and had to deliver some file boxes to protege's office, so instead of leaving them at the door to his office, he put the hand truck with the boxes on it on his chair — the secretary then came to my office and told me nobody is going to print anything for the protege, respond to his emails or do any work for him — Owner is staying home today so, this should be super interesting

March 22nd, 2019 at 7:51:44 AM permalink
aceofspades
Boss is out today and another attorney and I are supposed to put together some research for an appeal
We just received a missive that the Boss dictated over the phone to the secretary wherein the other attorney and I have been told to report to the protege regarding our work on this case — this works out amazingly as the protege has never looked at one document on this case ughhhhhhhh
March 22nd, 2019 at 9:58:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Boss is out today and another attorney and I are supposed to put together some research for an appeal
We just received a missive that the Boss dictated over the phone to the secretary wherein the other attorney and I have been told to report to the protege regarding our work on this case — this works out amazingly as the protege has never looked at one document on this case ughhhhhhhh

There are so many ways you can screw
with ProteDick's head if you wanted to.
Hit him with a barrage of crap he knows
'nothing about. Stick a potato up the
exhaust pipe of his car.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 22nd, 2019 at 11:17:54 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob

There are so many ways you can screw
with ProteDick's head if you wanted to.
Hit him with a barrage of crap he knows
'nothing about. Stick a potato up the
exhaust pipe of his car.

Not going to cause anyone harm
Besides, he takes taxis
March 22nd, 2019 at 12:31:00 PM permalink
Evenbob

Not going to cause anyone harm s

Wish all lawyers had that attitude.
March 25th, 2019 at 8:49:21 AM permalink
aceofspades
OK just found out some info -- apparently, the intervention that was rescheduled for this Wednesday (which, I was informed I was going to be held in my absence as I was subsequently scheduled to be in Court that afternoon) is no longer going to happen -- the writing is on the walls -- there will never ben an intervention nor will anything change