I need you to come into work this weekend

March 25th, 2019 at 9:53:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
OK just found out some info -- apparently, the intervention that was rescheduled for this Wednesday (which, I was informed I was going to be held in my absence as I was subsequently scheduled to be in Court that afternoon) is no longer going to happen -- the writing is on the walls -- there will never ben an intervention nor will anything change

Why would they change. He wants
everybody gone who's not his slave.
He's a partner.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2019 at 10:00:31 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
Why would they change. He wants
everybody gone who's not his slave.
He's a partner.

Partner in name only
He is not an equity partner (meaning he did not buy into the firm nor does he receive a share fo the profits) -- apparently, he takes the owner into putting his name on the door as a marketing move - he claimed people would be more inclined to hire the firm if his namer was on the door -- plus, he is probably the owner's illegitimate son and all
March 25th, 2019 at 10:13:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
I mean, what's his incentive to change.
I you leave he'll just find somebody
he can order around. One of you has
to change, and you know it won't be him.
He has no reason to change.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2019 at 12:07:28 PM permalink
aceofspades
Earlier, the Owner called another attorney and me into his office to discuss some research we did on Friday -- apparently, he said it was "embarrassing" in that the research did not apply to what he envisioned our legal strategy to be (meanwhile, this brief would have never become necessary had Owner listened to me 4 months ago when I told him his strategy of withholding certain evidence in an effort to use it as a "surprise" was going to backfire - which it did as we lost the case and now have to appeal)

Now, some more info pertinent to my earlier post regarding the Owner telling the other attorney and I that our research was "embarrassing" -- well, if you remember from Friday, the protege was left in charge of this brief --- word on the street is that the protege told the Owner that he thought the research was poorly done, despite having never dealt with the case at all -- so, the puppet master is flexing his "muscles" in retaliation to our complaints about him

Owner is riding my a** today — so far everything I have worked on for him has been, in his opinion, “wrong” — even paragraphs he dictated, forgot he did so, and are now deemed "wrong" have been blamed on me
March 25th, 2019 at 1:16:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
I would have been gone a month
ago..
March 25th, 2019 at 1:21:25 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
I would have been gone a month
ago..

You also probably have money in the bank
March 25th, 2019 at 2:41:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
Owner is riding my a** today — so far everything I have worked on for him has been, in his opinion, “wrong” — even paragraphs he dictated, forgot he did so, and are now deemed "wrong" have been blamed on me

Hostile. Work. Place.

I hope you are writing it down. It may be a year or two, but you may well wish you did. The problem with lies that don't get corrected is, they can bite you in the ass years later, a long ways away. Your reputation precedes you to the next place of employment. At least it did in my simple business, so I presume it does in yours?

Reputation is everything in a business that advertises by word of mouth. The protege is potentially harming your future livelihood, whereas he doesn't need to just to remove you. That makes this hostile and predatory, imo.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 25th, 2019 at 5:28:45 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: petroglyph
Hostile. Work. Place.

I hope you are writing it down. It may be a year or two, but you may well wish you did. The problem with lies that don't get corrected is, they can bite you in the ass years later, a long ways away. Your reputation precedes you to the next place of employment. At least it did in my simple business, so I presume it does in yours?

Reputation is everything in a business that advertises by word of mouth. The protege is potentially harming your future livelihood, whereas he doesn't need to just to remove you. That makes this hostile and predatory, imo.

Hostile workplace is only a claim if the hostility is based upon race, gender, religion or age
March 25th, 2019 at 5:30:13 PM permalink
aceofspades
Been stuck 60 minutes so far I on the LIRR and they just made an announcement that there is a downed power line and so we aren't going anywhere - I am basically stuck between stations indefinitely - could be hours

90 minutes later still stuck - downed power lines - train just made announcement they are going to power the train down as they are running low on diesel fuel and have to wait for a delivery which will take half hour
you can't make this **** up

March 25th, 2019 at 6:26:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Blame the protege