Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'm surprised it went as well as it
did, The protoprick didn't have
to put up with any of it, he holds
all the cards. I'm surprised he didn't
just say F you and walk out 2 min
after it started.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2019 at 10:14:02 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I'm still sitting here saying to myself "Gosh, he's so lucky" lol. My boss and I have a 2 sentence / 30 word limit. Anything further devolves into vein bulging screaming matches. I can't wait to go back with my full strength =D

Probably due to my lack of professionalism, but I'm still bothered by this 2wks nonsense. This place is just begging for some malicious compliance. I'd just dummy up and be the tool. Let em use you to tear themselves apart piece by piece.

Does no one have a sense of vengeance anymore? =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2019 at 10:20:21 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
I'm still sitting here saying to myself "Gosh, he's so lucky" lol. My boss and I have a 2 sentence / 30 word limit. Anything further devolves into vein bulging screaming matches. I can't wait to go back with my full strength =D

Probably due to my lack of professionalism, but I'm still bothered by this 2wks nonsense. This place is just begging for some malicious compliance. I'd just dummy up and be the tool. Let em use you to tear themselves apart piece by piece.

Does no one have a sense of vengeance anymore? =p
I can still see bridges burning in the rear view mirror.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 1st, 2019 at 11:07:11 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Never quit hot. Quit cold. Get the next job lined up before you make the move, then do it.

I've never been fired. But I've left a place or two. And that's how.
April 1st, 2019 at 12:03:22 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Mosca
Never quit hot. Quit cold. Get the next job lined up before you make the move, then do it.

I've never been fired. But I've left a place or two. And that's how.

I've been fired. Laid off. Company crashed. No show. And once, a 2wk. Out of the...7 jobs I've had as an adult, not once have I had something "lined up". Something just snaps and I'm gone.

I'm not suggesting it. But I am still here. Currently contemplating home ownership, in fact. To be fair, there's an entire thread (TWO!) devoted to just how much fun I've been having during this time (lol), but I did do it, and I am still here.

Might be the best thing you didn't know you needed, considering your financial woes. $35k here is surviving. $70k here is solo home ownership and a late model car, plus retirement savings. I don't know what $80k would get you as I couldn't imagine such extravagance.

We hicks get divorced, too. Just sayin'.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2019 at 12:39:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Wait...I get it, you're writing episodes for the "New Office" TV show.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 2nd, 2019 at 11:29:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Nothing from Ace today, did the
ProtoJerk murder him?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 2nd, 2019 at 11:45:01 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
So, we just received a Memo from the Owner saying he "overheard someone in the office using coarse language" and that we should "cease all use thereof"

One of the secretaries believes the protege complained to the Owner in some sort of effort to put us all in our place after he threw a hissy-fit and walked out of the meeting yesterday

I have a lead on a new firm - hopeful they call me
April 2nd, 2019 at 12:52:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades

have a lead on a new firm - hopeful they call me

Is your bachelor show video part
of your resume? lol
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:56:23 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
Is your bachelor show video part
of your resume? lol

NO WAY - and it almost cost me getting this job at all - I had to basically take a blood oath to not appear on television while employed by the firm