I need you to come into work this weekend

Page 4 of 76<1234567>Last »
March 11th, 2019 at 8:03:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
before that I worked for myself for 10 years - made a bad life decision

We have the video proof of that decision.

Quote:
I am maybe getting 4 hours of sleep a night

If true then get the hell out. It
kind of sounds like they are
trying to force you out anyway,
making you do things they
know you don't like.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2019 at 8:21:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Really what's the worst that can happen? Get fired? You are qualified and will find another job.

I've been fired, and I believe it benefited me when I found out that I would persevere. It actually gave me something, I no longer feared losing a job. You got this Ace.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 11th, 2019 at 9:12:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
So...you have money, but in a situation you find intolerable.

Maybe get some professional reinforcement for coping and try a few therapists while you look around for new employment. Professionals maybe can provide coping mechanisms. Who knows, might even do you good in other areas.

Not everyone could afford such an action in similar circumstances so you consider yourself lucky in that respect.

(I said a few therapists, because people shouldn't judge all therapists by the first one they try)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 12th, 2019 at 2:34:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I have only been at this firm 8 months - before that I worked for myself for 10 years - made a bad life decision which I thought was going to really put me over the top financially (and no, it was not going to Vegas and betting everything I had on a spin of the roulette wheel) - business got really bad and, to stay afloat and keep the dream alive, so to speak, I went through all my savings - then, in 2016-2018 things got progressively better for me and I was doing ok making enough on my own to pay my bills - then in early 2018 the phone stopped ringing and had no clients -- I ended up living on my credit cards and then began working at this firm - since working here I erased my credit card debt and my next paycheck will be one where I can finally begin to save - but this turn of events today really threw me for a loop
I just spoke to an attorney friend of mine from California who handles the who's who of A-list sports and entertainment divorces and she told me she hasn't heard me this low since the "bad life decision" happened about 2010 -- she is going to reach out to a high profile NYC attorney tomorrow and tell him he needs to interview me -- also spoke to another friend I've known since kindergarten and he also said I do not sound as if I feel I have any light in my life -- he said he would usually not recommend anyone leaving position without something as a Plan B but he said he can hear in my voice I am mentally going downhill and reminded me that I built myself to great heights previously and he had faith in me I could do it again -- I guess I really didn't know how bad I sounded until I spoke to these two friends this evening
I feel like I am experiencing a low-level panic attack every waking hour -- and my sleep has suffered as well, over the past two months I am maybe getting 4 hours of sleep a night -- this cannot keep up

You sound like I did when I was running the pest control company. After I was clipped people remarked how much happier I sounded, though I didn't notice. I woke up with panic attacks and in general hated life.

Get out as soon as you can. Not worth it. Don't burn bridges, but find a way out, even a contract job as a bridge.

Because here is the other thing. It is possible that for whatever reason the other guy does not like or wants to replace you and will keep making life unpleasant. I have had that, too. Impossible to win.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2019 at 7:18:20 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I have great news: the bookkeeper (who used to be a big fan of the protege) and the two legal secretaries (all three of these ladies have been here 20+ years each) all went into the Boss’s office yesterday to complain about the protege and told him that if any of them ever quit it would be because of the protege — they also told the Boss that I was very unhappy about being transferred to work exclusively with the protege (but that I would never tell the Boss that as I wouldn't throw someone under the bus like that) — well, apparently, the Boss listened and reversed course and took me away from the protege and back under his fold!!!! YES YES YES
March 13th, 2019 at 7:33:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I have great news: the bookkeeper (who used to be a big fan of the protege) and the two legal secretaries (all three of these ladies have been here 20+ years each) all went into the Boss’s office yesterday to complain about the protege and told him that if any of them ever quit it would be because of the protege — they also told the Boss that I was very unhappy about being transferred to work exclusively with the protege (but that I would never tell the Boss that as I wouldn't throw someone under the bus like that) — well, apparently, the Boss listened and reversed course and took me away from the protege and back under his fold!!!! YES YES YES

AWESOME!

One thing it never ceases to amaze me that for all the complaints of sexism in the workplace, 95% of the time it is the women who speak up. Ever see how Peggy Olson got her office? Granted sometimes they do not know when to stop for their own good, but other times, this time, it seems to have worked out.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2019 at 8:58:03 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: AZDuffman
AWESOME!

One thing it never ceases to amaze me that for all the complaints of sexism in the workplace, 95% of the time it is the women who speak up. Ever see how Peggy Olson got her office? Granted sometimes they do not know when to stop for their own good, but other times, this time, it seems to have worked out.

Peggy Olson?
March 13th, 2019 at 9:09:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Peggy Olson?

Mad Men. She got promoted and wanted an office that had just been vacated. She went to Roger Sterling (junior name partner) to ask. Roger was so impressed he gave it to her and said none of the men would dare ask him.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2019 at 9:38:58 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Well then, there's still that other thing.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 13th, 2019 at 9:43:06 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
well, apparently, the Boss listened and reversed course and took me away from the protege and back under his fold!!!! YES YES YES

Why would he have you be under
some new kid, I don't get that part
of it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 76<1234567>Last »