I need you to come into work this weekend

May 16th, 2019 at 7:28:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades

Got to love office politics

Love it way more working from home in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2019 at 11:01:01 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
- but now, knowing all this, the support staff is giving the paralegal the cold shoulder and one of the secretaries actually told him yesterday that she will be cordial to him because it is an office setting but that he'd better watch his step otherwise

Got to love office politics

Why you or anyone would want to
work in such a toxic environment
is a mystery to me. I hate crap like
you just described with a passion.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 16th, 2019 at 11:04:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Love it way more working from home in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

Amen to that. I've been self employed
since the late 70's. Listening to my
wife and all her stories of the constant
melodrama at work. No thanks.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2019 at 12:03:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Ace, whats the skinny?

Remember "job security is when the boss says, see you in the morning".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 17th, 2019 at 12:39:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Ace, whats the skinny?

Remember "job security is when the boss says, see you in the morning".

Or, when you get to work your name
is still on door when you arrive.
May 21st, 2019 at 5:40:21 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob

And oriented in the right direction 😂😂😂
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
May 21st, 2019 at 5:48:57 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: petroglyph
Ace, whats the skinny?

Remember "job security is when the boss says, see you in the morning”.

Quote: Evenbob

Quote: AcesAndEights
And oriented in the right direction 😂😂😂

Well, the train schedule was amended yesterday due to some construction so I ended up leaving about 4:45 to accommodate the new schedule -- the Owner had been out of the office all day - naturally, I get a call around 4:50 asking where I was as the Owner showed up - I explained the train situation and all seemed to be good (EB will seize on the word "seemed")Other than that - I booked a Vegas trip for mid-July
May 21st, 2019 at 8:23:02 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Well, the train schedule was amended yesterday due to some construction so I ended up leaving about 4:45 to accommodate the new schedule -- the Owner had been out of the office all day - naturally, I get a call around 4:50 asking where I was as the Owner showed up - I explained the train situation and all seemed to be good (EB will seize on the word "seemed")Other than that - I booked a Vegas trip for mid-July

You recently said you were basically bankrupt - net worth near 0, living paycheck to paycheck. And you're going to Vegas (and presumably gambling)? Seems ill-advised.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
May 21st, 2019 at 11:03:15 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: AcesAndEights
You recently said you were basically bankrupt - net worth near 0, living paycheck to paycheck. And you're going to Vegas (and presumably gambling)? Seems ill-advised.

My entire life is ill-advised
May 21st, 2019 at 11:06:00 AM permalink
aceofspades
An aside:

Back in 2010 I had a client for a divorce (she was a stay at home mom) and the husband earned about $120k/year — the Court awarded me $7,500 to be paid by the husband to me on behalf of the wife for attorney fees — the husband never paid and his attorneys at the time relayed a message from him that I would "never see the money", I entered the judgment and recorded it with the county clerk’s office — eventually, the husband and my client reconciled (which does not affect the judgment) - I attempted to track him down to obtain my $7,500 to no avail - then, in 2015 I hired a judgment recovery attorney to go after this guy (the judgment recovery attorney gets 50% of the amount recovered) — I had not heard anything from them until about 10 minutes ago when they emailed me to tell me they tracked this a-hole down and froze his bank accounts and, with interest, the husband owes me $12,000 — they asked if I wanted to offer a settlement amount - I said to call this a-hole and tell him if he pays $7,500 within 7 days (no payment plans), that I would forgive the interest - this would give me $3,750 in, basically, found money - we shall see what happens

Thoughts...?