I need you to come into work this weekend

July 13th, 2019 at 2:23:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
You are hurting my brain, DRich! People are always asking me medical questions, and my answer is usually something like this.... Find a doctor you trust who is expert in the problem you have. Follow the plan that doctor prescribes. That does not just include the day of surgery. You have gobs of vacation time you haven't used! Follow your doctor's plan! DO NOT GO BACK TO WORK FOR 3 weeks.

I don't exactly know what you do for a living, but imagine you tell your client to file the most important form today, but less important ones each day for the next 3 weeks. But they just decide to file them all on day one. Do you give out your instructions for the hell of it or have you thought it out? Why do you think that of the doctor you are trusting your back with?

Soopoo, I do appreciate your advice. Sadly, most doctors will give a recovery plan that is targeted to the masses. For most people that is probably the correct remedy. The fact is that there is always people at the extreme endpoints of any bell curve. They are prescribing a back brace for six weeks and I expect I will wear it most of the time. Sadly, I am doing a three day weekend in Austin two weeks after surgery. I am not going to miss that trip for a little soreness.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 13th, 2019 at 6:09:00 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: aceofspades
WOW - the orthodox jewish guy in the office is becoming more brazen each day - today he left at 11:30am — a full 9 hours before sunset

The Owner is looking for him now - this should be interesting

Maybe he received a sign from God that Manhattan was going to go Tango Uniform before sunset and he left to prepare.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
July 14th, 2019 at 5:11:19 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: beachbumbabs
Maybe he received a sign from God that Manhattan was going to go Tango Uniform before sunset and he left to prepare.

HAHA but that did not happen on Friday, that happened last night (the blackout)
July 14th, 2019 at 8:38:00 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
HAHA but that did not happen on Friday, that happened last night (the blackout)

Yeah, true. He probably couldn't have been on an elevator or subway on the Sabbath anyway, if I understand their rules.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
July 14th, 2019 at 9:24:28 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: beachbumbabs
Yeah, true. He probably couldn't have been on an elevator or subway on the Sabbath anyway, if I understand their rules.

The only "rule" I care about is being able to leave the office at 11:30am on a summer Friday
July 14th, 2019 at 3:50:09 PM permalink
DRich
The only "rule" I care about is being able to leave the office at 11:30am on a summer Friday

That sounds like torture to me. I don't work on Fridays unless there is some very unusual circumstance. I think I went in to the office once this year on a Friday and I was still out before noon. My "normal" work hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday. But since I never take a lunch I am usually leaving between 3:30 and 4pm.
July 14th, 2019 at 4:33:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
That sounds like torture to me. I don't work on Fridays unless there is some very unusual circumstance. I think I went in to the office once this year on a Friday and I was still out before noon. My "normal" work hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday. But since I never take a lunch I am usually leaving between 3:30 and 4pm.

My client is now a huge growing internet company based in San Francisco
Their company policy is to work from home on Fridays if possible.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 14th, 2019 at 5:24:56 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
My client is now a huge growing internet company based in San Francisco
Their company policy is to work from home on Fridays if possible.

Why would people want to work on Fridays?

Those of you that work five days a week, would you take a 20% decrease in pay to work only four days? That is what I did.
July 17th, 2019 at 6:55:57 AM permalink
aceofspades
So we have a new attorney that just joined the firm and the Protege has basically commandeered her time even though she was hired to help with the Owner's cases

Today, as it is my last day in the office before heading on vacation, I was talking with the sassy secretary and the Owner's personal assistant came over to tell us that the Protege told her to tell us that we were "talking too loudly" -- meanwhile, his office is 100 feet away -- he did it just to be a D**K - naturally, he did not come tell us himself -- moreover, he routinely takes calls via speakerphone and blasts it louder than a Manowar concert

The new attorney then dropped by my office to ask if she knew when we might get all our computers networked - I laughed and told her I asked for that when we had a meeting my first two weeks here and was shot down by the Protege, who told me it was unnecessary and too expensive -- fast forward to moments ago when the new attorney told me the Protege told her, when she brought it up, that he has been lobbying for networked computers and everyone else has been against him - F him!!!

So the new attorney just came into my office to tell me that she does not like the firm’s default writing style (I do not like it either as it is basically run-on sentence after run-on sentence) and then tells me she is going to “change how the firm writes” — I can’t even doubt her as she has only been here 3 days and, despite my continually ignored and derided requests over the past year for the firm to install a network so everyone can access the firm’s catalog of briefs and templates, she just informed me, and I confirmed, that next Week we are having a network installed and a seminar regarding how to use the new network system — I guess if you are a young, hot chick older adult males will do whatever you tell them
July 17th, 2019 at 10:14:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I guess if you are a young, hot chick older adult males will do whatever you tell them

Some things they do not teach in law school. :-)
The President is a fink.