Theology

Page 4 of 4<1234
April 14th, 2019 at 12:38:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Why? What does a border have to do with a belief in God?

The Pope sits behind a wall himself, so I do not listen to him say we should have open borders.
It is mostly the religious groups that sponsor the caravans of illegals that cross the border. Although it is against the law, they think it their duty to aid and abed these people?

It is ironic that the Pope has a wall, Israel has a wall, and even Mexico has a wall but they all want the US to have extremely liberal migration.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 14th, 2019 at 12:49:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
You cannot prove a negative
The positive must be proven and, aside from asserting "faith", which is not proof, the existence of "God" cannot be proven

You can neither prove something based on faith. However, I have offered as proof that life cannot spring out of no life. Atheists cannot handle this part. They go into a rage. And I will counter if someone states "there is no God" they are making a positive statement, not a negative one.

The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2019 at 1:26:06 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I have offered as proof that life cannot spring out of no life

In support of your statement:
The 1944 book, What is Life?, by Nobel-laureate physicist Erwin Schrödinger stated that life feeds on negative entropy. The second law of thermodynamics says the total entropy of the system and its surroundings increases and the process is irreversible in the thermodynamic sense.

The second law of thermodynamics would seem to indicate that spontaneous life is fundamentally impossible.

April 14th, 2019 at 1:49:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You mean like the declarative statement that no God exists, which you cannot back up?

It's always in reaction to somebody
making a god statement. It's like
declaring Bigfoot lives in OR when
that's just a guess. You don't even
know Bigfoot exists.

I'll give it up when people stop making
statements like god is a real thing
when they really have no idea. Saying
I 'believe' in god is way different than
saying god a real thing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 4 of 4<1234