Gillette, Barbasol, Dorco

April 16th, 2019 at 7:12:14 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Still miffed at the idea that a bunch of weirdos are gaining control at Gillette, I have switched brands

Barbasol now makes razors, I bought one, and really like it. Done deal.

Apparently made by Dorco for Barbasol, in South Korea ... maybe you can buy the same thing from Dorco if you can find it. I looked that up to be sure Gillette didn't make it!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 16th, 2019 at 7:38:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
Still miffed at the idea that a bunch of weirdos are gaining control at Gillette, I have switched brands

Barbasol now makes razors, I bought one, and really like it. Done deal.

Apparently made by Dorco for Barbasol, in South Korea ... maybe you can buy the same thing from Dorco if you can find it. I looked that up to be sure Gillette didn't make it!

Those Barbasol razors are great, but not the disposable ones. I kept getting coupons and sales last year, great deals. They really want to take share from Gillette. I got off Gillette a few years back as I got tired of getting skinned on the price of blades. Used Barbasol shave cream basically all my life unless I had a coupon for something else. Shave cream is shave cream, why pay more than the cheapest stuff?
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2019 at 10:42:46 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: AZDuffman
Those Barbasol razors are great, but not the disposable ones. I kept getting coupons and sales last year, great deals. They really want to take share from Gillette. I got off Gillette a few years back as I got tired of getting skinned on the price of blades. Used Barbasol shave cream basically all my life unless I had a coupon for something else. Shave cream is shave cream, why pay more than the cheapest stuff?

Once the Gillette razors I have run out I am switching to Barbasol
April 16th, 2019 at 10:45:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: aceofspades
Once the Gillette razors I have run out I am switching to Barbasol

Just be careful, get the refillable. The disposable ones are awful. Most disposables are, I keep some in my go-bag, also for vacations. That is it.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2019 at 10:52:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
this is what I got, ten bucks with free shipping now [don't need amazon prime]

https://www.amazon.com/Barbasol-Refills-Handle-Cartridges-Razors/dp/B0797QM4MV/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3DQR814H5LNPH&keywords=barbasol+razor&qid=1555436986&s=gateway&sprefix=barbasol+razor%2Caps%2C1038&sr=8-4
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 16th, 2019 at 10:59:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit

That's the good stuff. Last year they had specials and coupons that could be combined to get a very low price. I think I had 6 months of blades at one point.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2019 at 12:31:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I just got whatever generic heavy handle razor with blades that have 5 or 6 blades per "blade'. Like $6 for one but 3 'free' extras. So 4 blades for like $6. Gillette refills are way more than that. They all seem the same to me. I agree that a single disposable blade/handle seems like an inferior shave.